slow logout/shutdown with V3 on WinXP (mysteriously fixed)

I’m not sure what’s going on on my pc (winxp)…

My problem is this: Whenever I select to log out or shutdown, it takes about 80-90 seconds to do so. Without Comodo firewall installed, it takes just 10-15 seconds.

I installed CFP_Setup_3.0.13.268_XP_Vista_x32.exe and had this problem (for several weeks)

I then installed the patch: CFP_Patch_3.0.14.276_XP_Vista_x32.exe, still this problem
I then uninstalled CFP => problem fixed

I install CFP_Setup_3.0.14.276_XP_Vista_x32.exe (with all defaults, except for P2P use ‘yes’) => problem is back

I just now played a bit with the settings (turned off all 3 Update options, etc), nothing seemed to change anything.

Until I put Defense+ from Clean PC mode to Disabled => logout takes short/normal time

I’ve then turned D+ back to Clean PC mode, and now the problem seems to be gone… both logout & shutdown are normal speed again.

Around the same time, I also activated “Block all unknown requests if the application is closed”, but I now put it back to default (de-activated)…

This problem is now gone :slight_smile: I just don’t know why :frowning:
Good thing, because I was about to uninstall CFP for good.

PS: thanks for what seems to be an otherwise nice personal firewall :wink:

EDIT: not sure if it’s relevant, but anyway: WinXP sp2 with all security patches and Avira 7 Classic

This is likely due to some program waiting for a reply to a request that was blocked by the firewall or Defense+. Somewhere along the way CFP must have learned that it was OK to allow the request. This kind of problem can be discovered by using a program called “Unlocker”. http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/