SLOW browsing (page opening)

Hi All…
first of all congratulations for great firewall.

I have problem sometimes when surfing with my web browsers (IE7, IE6, Firefox 1.5, Firefox 2.0). Firewall has default options and when it is turned on it slows my web page opening drastically (5-30 sec per page it depends). As soon as I mark “ALLOW ALL” in Security Level, page opening mediately speed up, and again when I turn back to “CUSTOM” speed fall down.

Notice: it is not always that this problem occur, but mostly yes.
It happened with 2-3 last versions of Comodo and it is still the same in 2.4 version.
Could someone tell me what options I could tune so this will not happen any more ?
tnx
CMD

Welcome to the forum, cafedelmar.

If ‘allow all’ speeds things, up it could mean something was blocked. When this happens, go your Logs window, right-click and export it to a html file. You can copy and paste it to a text file to edit out any private IPs. Then upload your sampled log here.

G’day,

If you open CFP and click on SECURITY - ADVANCED - ADVANCED BEHAVIOUR ANALYSIS - CONFIGURE, you should see an option called “Monitor DLL Injections” which will be selected by default. If you turn this off, speed will increase, but, and it’s a big but, you have lowered your overall security.

Most things in life are a compromise and “performance V security” is no exception.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile: