slow apps and game freezing

Recently I switched from ZoneAlarm Pro to Comodo Firewall, because it’s free and offers me the functions of a firewall I need. The ZoneAlarm like interface pleased me, and therefor I find Comodo Firewall easy to use. (:CLP)

But I have a little problem, I think most people have but couldn’t find it in the forums.

My problem is when playing a game like Sims 2 or C&C 3: Tiberium Wars (non of them online!!) or playing media files (music, video’s and DVD’s) on windows media player my pc freezes several seconds and then continues without a problem a minute or so and then freezes several seconds again, and so on. (:SAD)

I immediately thought it was Comodo, so I switched it of and indeed the problems were gone and my media files and games are played smoothly without any interruptions.

Now my question is how to make a rule that allows me to play my non online games and play back my media files with the Comodo Firewall on without having pc freezes.

My system: Intel 2.4 ghz processor, 1 gb ram, ATI Radeon 9600 videocard, windows xp sp2, Nod32 v2.7 antivirus with all systems active, Comodo Firewall (newest version, dutch) all systems active.

I really hope someone can help me out with this problem, so I can keep up my firewall te be protected and play games or play media at te same time.

Do you use any peer2peer applications? I have been having the same problem right after I try to play a game after using utorrent. Comodo’s default setting seem to be very CPU intensive when handling several incoming connections at once.

Go to “Network Monitor > Advanced > Advanced Attack and Detection > Configure > Miscellaneous” and uncheck “Do Protocol Analysis”.

That helped me a lot. But it still causes a little lag for me when in-game.

See my post @ https://forums.comodo.com/help/testers_needed_to_confirm_cpf_games_rule_settings-t5099.0.html;msg74876#msg74876 for a more detailed description of my problem.