SkypeHost.exe is unrecognized??

Following a system scan, CAV reports that SkypeHost.exe is unrecognized. I’m wondering how that can be considering it now seems to be attached to the Windows 10 operating system, and the internet is full of comments regarding this file. Isn’t it time that Comodo not only recognizes this file but also classifies it one way or the other?

Hi lisa2021,

Thanks for reporting.
Could you please submit the Reported file at

Hi lisa2021,
Did you update to latest CIS version we released y’day?
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-internet-security-v10016209-released-t118704.0.html

Thanks
-umesh

Yes it was updated yesterday. I’m going to report the file as suggested above. But one other thing: there were other Skype files that were not recognized.

Hi lisa2021,
May you please go to “Settings → File Rating → Trusted Vendors” list and share what you see when you search “google” as shown in snap below:

Also what was the previous CIS version you had 8.4?

Thanks
-umesh

I cannot find the file SkypeHost.exe anymore. I don’t know if it was deleted or what. However, I have not submitted another file called SkypeBrowserHost.exe for your examination.

Good luck

Hi umesh,

I’ve done as you said. There are no trusted vendors on the list. The list is blank.

I guess the previous version was 8.4. I had whatever version it was before this latest version was installed. If I remember correctly, the icon previously was black and green and now its white and green. Does that help?

Hi Lisa,
Thank you. I suggest you to uninstall Comodo and re-install.

That should fix this problem, while we try to fix for existing users via update.

You can download and install from following location:

Sorry for problems you ran into.

Thanks
-umesh