sites blocked, need a little help.

I tried the url’s you provided here on FF 3., Opera 10 (1622) and IE 8 on Win 7 and they worked on all browsers. All have the browser policy. Not sure why it is different in my situation? May be because I don’t have accounts on those pages? Just guessing…

I looked at the Global Rules you posted earlier in the topic.

I saw an error in the description of the rule I suggested. The direction should be set to outgoing. Sorry about that… 88) Can you try again?

Hello again EricJH, no problem about the rule, removed and remade it, but to be honest, it doesnt seem to make a blind bit of difference what rule or rules I do or dont put in there, nothing seems to work or change. I can access sites, but just for a bit. Here’s a couple more screenshots, the new rule, and events, but I gotta tell you, events isnt logging anything since the Global rule made earlier, does that mean anything of significance. What the hell, I’ll throw in a screeshot of that too. Thanks again for help, its much appreciated, Techdunce :slight_smile:
p.s. The latest couple of events were manual blocks by me, nothing to do with this ongoing issue.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi again.

I’m confused now, would you mind if we take things from the top?

1. Remove any rules you have for firefox.
  2. Ensure there are no individual block rules
  3. Clear the firewall log file
  4. Place the firewall in Training Mode with the Alert settings on very high.
  5. launch firefox and try to connect to a site, maybe google
  6. Accept the prompts (there will be a few…)
  7. Try to connect to the sites you have problems with
  8. Accept the prompts.
  9. Let us know what happens.

Hello Toggie, and I can definitely understand your confusion, Imagine how I feel ;D
Went through your instructions, and restarted FF, no prompts, no messages for google,(its my homepage) couldnt access rapidshare.com, but here’s the thing, there are no events logged, and Firefox rule recreates itself as custom, but without the “Block and log all unmatching” rule at the bottom. Couple more screenshots for you, and thanks again, Techdunce :slight_smile:

Is that the totality of the firefox rule, because that only appears to be for loopback?

That “was” the Totatility of it, but its actually grown a little since I last checked, without any input from me, here’s another screenshot. Thanks again :slight_smile:
Also, starting to lose connectivity to lots more sites, no logs in “events”

This is very strange…

Two things, first, add logging to the first rule in Global rules. and second remind me, does this problem only affect browsers?

Added logging to first global rule, and Im not 100% sure about “if it only affects browsers”, but I think so. I only started investigating this, or to be more precise, asking you to investigate this :slight_smile: when connectivity and browsing got so bad. Posting a screenshot of the logging rule, just wanna be sure I got the right one. Thanks again Toggie, Techdunce :slight_smile:

Have just checked events, Im not in the right rule am I, its only logging “allowed”

That’s fine, I just wanted to see what activity there was. As you can see communication is taking place, at least it appears it is. You can eave that rule for a little while, but remember to remove it, otherwise your logs will fill to quickly.

Do you have full communication at this time?

Which other applications do you use that we might test?

Hee hee, I can only dream about “full communication” ;D I picked some sites at random out of bookmarks, some load, some dont, but some sites that I use alot are really bad, again rapidshare is one, but I could spend an hour trying to connect to “any” site at random, wish I could give you more to go on, and as I said, Ive been on to my ISP, who say they have no problem accept a few reports of trouble with “ebay”. Ive also turned off the Firewall on my router to see if any change, no luck there eithere. I’ll remove the FF rule, and create a custom rule, thanks again for your efforts, much appreciated, Techdunce :slight_smile:

I’m running out of ideas. The only thing that I can think of right now, and I say this because the fault is intermittent, is that it’s not software related. Is there a possibility your wireless router is malfunctioning in some way?

Im not sure about that Toggie, but Im also thinking Comodo is in the clear on this, if there was an obvious, or even not so obvious reason/solution, I think it would have shown itself by now. I cant fault your efforts and tenacity with this, and I think maybe, just maybe my ISP isnt telling the full story, but they’ll never admit it ;D
At the very least though, I got my originnal (and pretty loose) rules changed for the better, and I really appreciate yours, and ErichJH attempts to solve my problem. Thanks for everything, Techdunce :slight_smile:

I’m sorry we couldn’t provide a better resolution.

No need to apologise Toggie, especially if its not Comodo’s fault, however would you mind taking a look at a screenshot of my Global rules, Ive removed logging from the first rule, and left the " block IGMP" rule, just wanna be sure Im ok with these. Thanks again, Techdunce :slight_smile:

You should be fine with those. Of course you can tighten things up if you wish…:slight_smile:

Thanks again Toggie, Im all for tight security, but am not sure how to go about it, or where to even start. I could throw out a lot of examples, like what protocols to allow or block for windows updater applications, or installed software, (still dont mind admitting, Firewalls defeat me) I got a lot of reading up to do, but will always ask advise as a “little” knowledge can be dangerous ;D Thanks again for support, and Ive just been on to my ISP again, and they are “looking into it”, if anything comes of that I’ll definitely let you know, I think you deserve at least that much ;D and you just know I’ll be back with some other “mysterious” issue ;D so, thanks for everything, Tehcdunce

Hello again. Well, Ive been on to my ISP again, and they now say they are looking into some issues raised from customers concerning sites and site access. So I think its safe to say this is the cause of my woe’s, but huge thanks for all the help, very much appreciated, Techdunce :slight_smile: