Site says you're using an (almost) outdated version. Please update your browser [merged topic]

Problem with videos solved by uninstalling FlashBlock.

How about a way to spoof version 26 as 34?

YouTube says update your browser. We will soon stop supporting this browser. I believe this is because the Icedragon browser is based on an older version of Firefox.

Does Comodo plan on updating this browser or just keep it as it is and eventually discontinue it?

You can delete this thread if you want. I should have looked at the forum threads before posting. I see this has already been covered.

Did not see an answer … Youtube >
“You’re using an older version of Mozilla Firefox that we’ll soon stop supporting. Please update your browser to the latest version.”
Has there been a reply from Comodo?

From the CEO:

There is no ETA though.

It is currently telling me that this version of Firefox is out of date. How do i install the new version of firefox and still be able to use Comodo Ice Dragon? I use Comodo Ice Dragon not Firefox. Please let me know

Hi Sal Blandino,
There have been delays in development of IceDragon, but it is planned to play catch up in the future.

Kind regards.

Hey

I see a lot of people are already having problems with youtube, but I have a constant notification on Gmail with the same problem. And to top it all off, I’m supposed to be beta-ing my workplaces new website and the browser isn’t supported, so I’m finding it rather hard to do my work at the moment.

Is it possible to at least have an ETA for the update?

For CID there is no ETA but Comodo is working on it.

Notifications do not necessarily mean the web site will not work in the browser. I use Opera 12.17 and get the notification each time I go to Google Docs. It doesn’t mean it is not working.

I’m a newbie to CID. I’m using windows 7. When i want to bookmark a youtube page i get the following message,
" You’re using an older version of Mozilla Firefox that we’ll soon stop supporting. Please update your browser to the latest version." Is there/will there be a means of bookmarking a youtube page without getting the above message?

I have the latest update to Ice dragon but places like gmail still complain that is no longer a supported browser. I don’t remember the site but yesterday a site refused to load unless I upgraded to a newer version of firefox.

Hello,

I have a good news for you. We are about to release new version of Ice Dragon with the newest version of Firefox. Ice Dragon will include new features to enhance your browsing experience and you will no longer have this compatibility issues. It’s coming soon…

Regards,

This will be good news - long awaited

Do I understand correctly it will be based on FF v37?

How soon is soon? Do you have an ETA?

Finally. We’ve been waiting for too long.

Just promises and promises… good words but no action :-TD

I am cautiously happy to hear that a release is upcoming… 8)

Another April Fools? ;D

And another 8 days again without coming anything