Sinister Goings On With Comodo Internet Security!

Hi…

1. I unticked EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE, to prevent automatic virus sig’ updates and they have mysteriously become ticked, again!

What is going on?

Also…

2. I removed Recycle and Comodo from the scanner’s exclusions and something, or somebody, has put them back there.

What is going on?

I don’t like software that sneaks around behind my back, like this!

I find this very sinister, indeed!

Somebody care to explain?

Ian.

This is undoubtedly a bug, but you are the first to report it, that I am aware of.

You could lodge a support ticket with the Support Centre (http://support.comodo.com).

In previous versions, there was a similar bug where it would forget the Defense+ settings of an application and would continue to ask whether to allow or to block.

Firstly, for what it’s worth, I don’t believe that there is anything nefarious happening.

Hi…

It did it, again. I unticked everything, everywhere and they were put back there - not by me, and that includes the exclusions that were deleted, for the Recycle and Comodo.

I’ve completely uninstalled CIS and reinstalled it without the AV, until I find out what is happening.

Ian.

OK. Have you lodged a support ticket on this, or posted it in the CIS Bug forum board?

Hi…

I’d have no use for a support ticket at the present time, because I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled CIS with the AV left out.

But, if you think that there is any benefit from so doing, feel free to move this thread into the appropriate bug section.

I’m just waiting to see if anybody else comes along who has experienced the same oddity.

Ian.

Concerning the first pars of your post - there is no option for disabling anti-virus DB updates for now, that’s by design.
The second part - are you sure you have clicked Apply button after deleting exclusions and you have not switched to another configuration after that?

Hi…

I’m too suspicous about the AV’s internal updating - too long to do and that progress indicator stopping around the first “third” for so long, also, put me off, big-time. Even allowing for my tendency towards the neurotic, when it comes to trusting software developers (when their softwares begin to exhibit what I just call dodgy behaviour) this was too odd to leave in place.

For now, I’d sooner leave out the AV. I can still run Avast, instead.

Yes. I checked that I’d clicked the right button. I tried to use the exclusion feature on more than one occasion, going back shortly after that and seeing the window empty.

I realise that, because I may still be the only user reporting this fault, there is a temptation to blame me for having done/not done something that led to it, instead. I have absolutely no problem with such a response…I’m not offended in any way by this - it’s an important part of responding to one-off reports of odd behaviour in all programs…not just security software.

Speak your minds - I spoke mine. :slight_smile:

Ian.

Sorry, just tried to investigate the circumstances to reveal the defect and fix it, not to blame you in something.

Hi…

Nope…that’s actually NOT what I thought - honestly! :slight_smile:

Ian.