Hey everyone, first impressions of CPF V 3.0 are wonderful but I’m having one small problem.
I’m a Psychology major at a local university and as such have SPSS (a really large, powerful, statistical program) installed on my computer. In addition I have AMOS and SPSS Smart viewer installed as separate programs that add additional functionality.
To the problem! When I first started Windows after restart the windows installer popped up and told me it was trying to install AMOS which is already installed. Since AMOS installer is not on my local hard drive it could not be completed, obviously.
Next I went to open up MS Outlook 2007 and the Windows installer popped up once more begging to install SPSS Smart Viewer, also installed already, also without an installer on my local hard drive. Once again, it obviously could not be completed.
[Edit: I turned on AOL Instant Messenger and Windows is asking to install SPSS Smart Viewer again. What’s the deal here?]
- The version of Comodo Firewall Pro Installed: 220.127.116.116
- Your Internet connection type (dial-up/cable/Direct connection/LAN etc): Broadband using wireless through Router
- Operating system and Service Pack Level: Microsoft XP SP2
- How you are logging in to the OS (Admin, User): Administrator, sole user of laptop
- Other real-time security applications installed (AV, AS, HIPS etc): Using Eset Nod32 2.7, BOClean in real time. Using Spybot and Spyware terminator on demand.
- Security related applications which have been removed/disabled before installing CFP: Uninstalled Previous Comodo Firewall 2.4, all others were not disabled
- Security related application which have been removed/disabled after installing CFP: None
- Detail the problem, such as which applications are running when you have the problem: Detailed above
- Please inform us if you have created any custom rules: No custom rules
Once again Comodo, great job on this program! Its amazing.