Simply not good enough Comodo

I am a big fan of Comodo’s generally excellent products and services, but they seriously messed up with the latest CD release (22.0.4.0). Failing to realise, by checking “Clear cookies and other site and plug-in data when I close my browser”, that all app settings, including custom lists etc, would be lost on closing the browser, is incomprehensible and inexcusable. I trust we will be notified as soon as a fix is available.

Hi n01paranoid,
Sorry to hear this has happened to you, this issue has been noted in numerous other topics including the bug reports.
I imagine the next release will resolve this issue. :slight_smile:

What does that setting mean? What is the problem if we place a checkmark in this setting? What information or data is actually lost when we choose this setting? Do we lose our bookmarks?

I use Incognito mode, nearly all the time and so I find there are far fewer browser history records stored, and there are some cookies stored even after closing and reopening the browser; so I just do not much understand the setting, “clear cookies and site data when I close my browser.”

Hi string_game ,

Extensions use local storage for personalized settings/configuration, including things like adblock list etc.
The local storage for your extensions gets accidentally removed, this will not harm personal browser settings or bookmarks.

I use Incognito mode, nearly all the time and so I find there are far fewer browser history records stored, and there are some cookies stored even after closing and reopening the browser
Incognito is only for that particular Incognito session, any history or data that is created prior or after the Incognito session will remain after closing the Incognito window unless set to clear on exiting browser.

In my view the more topics that mention this fiasco the better. It should be brought to everyone’s attention. It should NEVER have happened. At least we now know the reason for the problem. 22.0.4.0 is based on BETA version of Chromium!

Unbelievable 88)

One topic would have the same result, I would have merged them all but that could have made a chronological mess.

It should NEVER have happened.
This goes for a lot of things in life, but mistakes happen for whatever the reason.

My bookmarks seem unaffected, but I lost all my app custom settings, including all custom lists. Worst loss was probably my ScriptNo whitelist, which I’d been using for about a year, and took a lot of time to compile over this period.

Settings do not seem to have been hurt, according to my plugin, AdBock Plus that seems to still be blocking nearly all advertisements on certain websites as it usually blocks. W.O.T. also still seems to be working. I have not put a check mark in the setting “clear cookies and site data when close browser”. Also no harm to any bookmarks. I have v22.0.4 as installed (my computer) and as portable (on usb flash drive carried to alternate computer). I guess, the real test is to actualy put a check mark in that setting, but since I have never yet used that setting, I am not accustomed to what to expect with it, so never learned to understand it. SO, I use C D with that setting unchecked and almost always use Incognito mode.