Shutting Down CIS

This should not be allowed, or at least a warning should appear where you click confirm, as it’s not nice knowing that you can disable all protection (or through a not responding in vista) by just clicking exit, or end process in task manager.

Just a heads up guys, hopefully this will be in v4, keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Task manager normally cant kill CIS.

Oops maybe I’m wrong, well no maybe about it (lol) about task manager, either way I hope my suggestion is given thought in one way or another. Even if it’s a warning everytime someone tries to disable firewall etc, please confirm then it disables… come to think of it, forgive me for being kind of at fault here. Not used parental control which is password protected, thus stopping all changes. Still, this suggestion would be nicely used for those who are oblivious?

Just a thought, or two… :stuck_out_tongue:

You do get a popup asking if you want to close the Application if you want to exit it.

Also go to Defence+/Advanced/Defence+ settings and check the box “Block all unknown requests if the application is closed”
When you shut down cfp.exe it is only the GUI that you are stoping. Try doing the sane for cmdagent.exe which is the actual workings of CIS.

Thanks for the tips +1 rep

Sorry for being a bit clueless sometimes as just getting to know the products, so forgive me. :a0

No need to be sorry, a great man (or was it Panic!) 88) once said “The only stupid question is the one that doesn`t get asked” (:TNG)

Thanks for the kind words ;D