Showing active connections?

Dear Comodo,

I remember in older comodo firewall versions, you can see the EXE programs that
is currently using internet activity on your computer.

with the newer versions, this feature seems to be missing.
did I miss where to see all current EXE using internet or this feature no longer
available?

Unfortunately you need the kill switch feature of CIS to see that.
It will be installed if you press in the userinterface on killswitch.

Hope we will get the usefull traffic meter back like in the versions before.

There are tabs for processes or network in killswitch.

You can put “shortcuts” into the main userinterface by right clicking an entry anywhere in the interface.

ok, thanks for the reply…

i’ll go look for that killswitch then

Hi !
I had same question so I look at KillSwitch, but this app seems to call home and more :o…

It can be blocked by the firewall and you can monitor (in KillSwitch itself !) than the Killswitch soft try to connect every second (!!!) to a lot of different sites. Seems very bad for a part of a firewall soft, what do you think ? ???
Furthermore, I cannot find any way to configure that soft.
So really, recommended for a security suite ?

The outgoing connections are most likely to the Comodo cloud servers and revocation servers of Certificate Authorities (to check the validity of the signatures of digitally signed applications).

With the latter the traffic contributes to security and with the former to convenience (using Comodo’s cloud and white list verdict whether a file is safe or not).

Thank’s for that fast answer, however… why KillSwitch want to know about Certificate ? and why should it connect to cloud server wihtout asking ? I do not see how it “contribute to security” and why KillSwitch should “verdict” if a file/process is safe or not ?

Maybe I do not understand its purpose, but I don’t ask it to “verdict” anyhting, but to give me information to let me decide, no ? ==> This lead me to the purpose of Killswitch and to this info (for instace) :
http://help.comodo.com/topic-119-1-208-2079-introduction-to-killswitch.html

Conclusion : It seem than KillSwitch is then a mix between : “A monitoring tool” and “A helper to identify “unsafe” process decided by someone (Comodo and co)”.
==> It can NOT be a simple monitoring tool , which was the initial question.

Plse M. Comodo, keep things light and simple! Making your soft the ability to list my computer process/contents and exchange encrypted information with private company does not seems a good way to give confidence…
A monitoring tool should (?) monitor. A Firewall should (? a dream ?) monitor and block/allow network access, don’t you think ? If too “complicated” (too seems intelligent and modern ?), your product will loose its attraction to a lot of people…

NB : I have deactivated every cloud/heuristic action from CIS because I think that additionnal (?) security is not worth the risk to have a calling home software (especially when this software is part of my computer protection). This is my opinion, and Comodo give me a choice, so I take it.

Certificates can be revoked or expire. In that case the signature is no longer valid and the integrity of the file cannot be established beyound reasonalbe doubt (it may not be the file we think it is.

and why should it connect to cloud server wihtout asking ? I do not see how it “contribute to security” and why KillSwitch should “verdict” if a file/process is safe or not ?
The cloud lookup is of help to make a quick initial separation between the good and suspect files in case of an infection (convenience).

Maybe I do not understand its purpose, but I don’t ask it to “verdict” anyhting, but to give me information to let me decide, no ? ==> This lead me to the purpose of Killswitch and to this info (for instace) :
http://help.comodo.com/topic-119-1-208-2079-introduction-to-killswitch.html

Conclusion : It seem than KillSwitch is then a mix between : “A monitoring tool” and “A helper to identify “unsafe” process decided by someone (Comodo and co)”.
==> It can NOT be a simple monitoring tool , which was the initial question.
[/quote]
I think that sums it up nicely.

Plse M. Comodo, keep things light and simple! Making your soft the ability to list my computer process/contents and exchange encrypted information with private company does not seems a good way to give confidence...
What do you mean with exchange encrypted information? Checking the revocation status of digital signatures?
A monitoring tool should (?) monitor. A Firewall should (? a dream ?) monitor and block/allow network access, don't you think ? If too "complicated" (too seems intelligent and modern ?), your product will loose its attraction to a lot of people...
CIS is aimed to please both the advanced and every day users who sometimes have conflicting interests.
NB : I have deactivated every cloud/heuristic action from CIS because I think that additionnal (?) security is not worth the risk to have a calling home software (especially when this software is part of my computer protection). This is my opinion, and Comodo give me a choice, so I take it.
Choice is the key word ... :)