Show an alert when a trusted program and give the option declared as harmful [M1411]

1. What actually happened or you saw:
I noticed that when a trusted program installs / opens CIS does not show an alert that the application is trusted.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
When an application is ran CIS should show a notification alert saying the file was found safe. There should also be an option (on the popup) to submit the trusted program as harmful for cases when adware/malware are trusted by CIS.

3. Why you think it is desirable:
Users will be able to see if the trusted program installs / opens, if necessary, report it as harmful.

4. Any other information:
Yes, Baidu and Norton show an alert when a program is trusted / safe.

Something derived from this one, I’m guessing.
I’m not sure on how to further proceed. If possible, could you make some screenshots on how these alerts are shown by mentioned competitors (“Norton”, “Baidu”)?

Thank you.

I will try to.

Is it sufficient if more submit types are added? A wish request (proposed by savit) is on the list.

Sorry, i don’t understand.

Your wish request involves two points :
#1. (desktop) alert which refers to trusted applications
#2. submit type which refers to whitelisted malware (check above screenshot)

Do you consider that if #2 is implemented, #1 is necessary?

I think so.

Please provide the necessary explanations. (eg by editing your first post)

Thanks.

Screenshots baidu and norton when detect a trusted file?

Sure. The context is also important.

Moved for further processing.

Thanks.

Ok , qmarius.
Baidu AV:

Thanks to safegroup.pl. (Geniusz) :slight_smile:

So if im understanding this correctly you want CIS to show an alert when a new application is found safe and ran? On this alert you want the option to report the file as dangerous. Do i understand this wish correctly?

Exactly. :slight_smile:

I have made a few changes to clarify the wish. Does everything sound correct?

Yes :slight_smile:

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks

I like this option, so I voted Yes :slight_smile:

Voted Maybe because the Wish doesn’t specify the feature to be optional.

Thank you for your support! :?

Thank you 1/2 :stuck_out_tongue: