1. What version of CIS, or Comodo Firewall, are you currently using:
2. What actually happened or you saw:
When editing a Firewall Rule, various components that make up the rule are hidden.
When editing Source Address, I cannot see Source Port, Destination Address, or Destination Port. And so on.
A screenshot of what this currently looks like is provided below: ( Log in to view image )
3. What you wanted to happen or see:
I want to be able to see the entirety of the firewall rule when I am editing and creating it.
A screenshot of what I would like this to look like is provided below: ( Log in to view image )
4. Why you think it is desirable:
It is desirable because it reduces interaction cost on several levels:
It reduces cognitive overhead. This is a huge deal for repetitive tasks. The user should not be expected to have to keep in their head three quarters of the task at hand, even if it’s a small task.
It reduces the number of clicks required to review, edit, and create fire wall rules.
It provides an immediate lay-of-the-land.
Grouping address and port provides a intuitive visual cue that is currently lacking. Visual cues are important for speeding up a users reaction to a gui and may even allow the user to effectively skim text, rather than memorize an arbitrary sequence of tabs.
5. Any other information:
The current format for this window forces the user into a pseudo-procedural wizard-like experience. Despite this, it provides no actual guidance, so is of no benefit to the novice. While because of this, it increases interaction cost, and is of no benefit to the expert.
In addition to the major stuff, the image I’ve provided also resolves the following minor issues, mainly because I didn’t want to post an image which perpetuated them…
- Inconsistent chrome padding between window contents and ok/cancel buttons.
- Inconsistent padding between chrome and content.
- Inconsistent padding between tabs and text.
- Inconsistent vertical padding between text in fields and text in field titles.
- Inconsistent vertical padding between fields.
- Inconsistent vertical alignment between port-related fields.
- Inconsistent field height.
- Inconsistent border color on fields.
- Inconsistent border color between field and widget.
- Inconsistent border color between fields and fields with widgets.
- Inconsistent border color on active tab content and active tab.
- Extra pixel of padding on up/down widget in port-related field.
- Description field is artificially short.
- No semicolon on “Description” field title.
- No “apply” button.
[attachment deleted by admin]