ShieldsUP! testing report

I done a ShieldsUP! test and I dont receive a TruStealth rating.

All ports are stealhted, but the results shows port 0 (invalid port?) in closed state.

Can I do any configuration here ?

Thanks

gjmveloso,

I have heard, from those who know far more about such things than I, that the online tests (such as GRC) are not the most reliable things in the world. If you run a different one, such as PCFlank, you will likely get different results. (for me, PCFlank gives 100% stealth, GRC says I have three visible ports - which should be believed?)

A resident scanner such as SuperScan4 set for the localhost 127.0.0.1 will give much better, more reliable results.

At any rate, “Stealth” is a term coined by Steve Gibson, and is likely to be used in a different way by every site/organization that uses it; I have certainly seen plenty of arguments over exactly what “stealth” is and if it’s a good thing or not.

CPF, if installed on “Automatic” with default rules/settings, will provide full security for your computer, rest assured.

If this does not answer your question, or if you need some additional help with making sure you’re secure, please say so. Inversely, if it does help, please let me know as well… :smiley:

LM

PS: Also, be aware that if you are behind a router, that is what is being scanned by Shields Up!, not your PC or CPF.

Thanks a lot!!

You know how I can test my PC properly if I behind a router?

You have a couple options…

1. Disconnect from the router and run straight thru your modem. This way you can do any of the online tests, and they will be scanning your computer. However, you still deal with inconsistency of those test modes. Additionally, your ISP may have protections in place between your modem and the website, to add extra protection; this could impact the test results as well.

2. Download and run SuperScan 4 (free tool from Foundstone, a division of McAfee), available here: http://www.foundstone.com/resources/proddesc/superscan.htm You will run it to check IP 127.0.0.1; this will give results directly at your computer, rather than external. This would be considered to be a more reliable test, with more accurate security results than any of the online options.

LM