Several Vulnerabilities Found in Comodo Antivirus

You’re in a security software community and you obviously don’t know anything about anything regarding how the software works, even worse is all you seem to be doing is spreading FUD. Be very careful as you might not be here much longer…

3 Likes

Signatures can detect 99% but who protects you from 1% of Unknown malware?
The answer is Auto-Containment.Auto-Containment will virtualize every unknown file until Xcitium decides its either good or bad file.Good files are runned outside the sandbox.Bad files are blocked
Thats it how Xcitium works.Prevention first then Detection.

CIS does a great job protecting against zero day attackss. Check out this Comodo Tech Talk article about Comodo’s Kernel Mode Virtualization which states it protects against zero day attacks:

The link to this article was posted by Melih at August 22 2023.

If you know a malware capable of circumventing the sandbox or have a proof of concept of an attack vector that circumvents the sandbox Comodo is always interested.

Luckily CIS also has a recognizer in the behavior blocker which is capable of detecting malware like behavior and a dedicated recognizer to look for cryptolocker activity in particular

What you are trying to say is that you want to have guarantee that detection will pick up a failure of the sandbox. That is a problematic proposition given the limitations of detection based solutions.

2 Likes

Xcitium has VirusScope(Static and Dynamic Analysis with machine learning) and when an unknown file is sandboxed VirusScope will do the static and behavioral analysis of the file

LOL…this statement above says you still don’t get it :slight_smile:
I give up! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Stolen signatures can be an issue though…

1 Like

You actually know nothing yourself that’s that, Comodo’s antivirus is more than pathetic and everyone knows that how much improvement is required on the same, so stop giving this & that explanations and focus on improving the antivirus which will be of ultimate benefit for all users & the product itself.

Xcitium is the best av in the world.FIRST PREVENTION THEN DETECTION

1 Like

If you believed our antivirus is that bad, then you couldn’t be a user using our product and taking part here. Just admit, you are a competitor and simply here to bash the product. Again you outed yourself!
Its very clear you just registered in this forum to bash our product.

3 Likes

He is banned by Staff
Reason: No constructive purpose to their actions other than creating dissent within the community

1 Like

And also 100% is impossible no AV vendor can score 100% Detection rate only 99%

2 Likes

even that is based on the “malware library the tester has” and NOT whats out in the wild…
All these tests are based on the malware library the testers have…they measure how many of the malware (they have) is detected…

Malware authors are extremely resourceful, well funded and this is a multi billion $$ business, to put it simply, Malware/Ransamware authors are NOT stupid, they will not release their new malware unless they are sure its not detected by all these detection based products out there.

2 Likes

But Xcitium tricks malware and ransomware with Auto-Containment like they have full acces.Now there is VirusScope(Static and Dynamic Analysis with Machine Learning)which will do the static and behavioral analysis of the file when the file is contained and the reported malware is sent to Valkyrie

That’s the beauty of our Patent and innovation ! :wink: and here is the result Xcitium Transparency Page - Historical Statistics

VirusScope does Dynamic analysis (Static analysis as we call it is really reverse engineering using human brain as well)

3 Likes

Yes Because VirusScope has Machine Learning and VirusScope is really really good against Unknown Malware

Valkyrie in the cloud will do a lot more (it has full power of the Cloud AI Computing vs local PC) to detect if its malware or not and if its not sure, it will pass it to human analysis (again, no other vendor can afford to give you this service because they don’t deal with “unknowns” only.)

2 Likes

@Melih i heard in the future AI will be much more powerfull

1 Like

Yes, but AI is not only for cybersecurity vendors, its also a tool available to malware/ransomware gangs…

4 Likes

Guys, could someone tell me why CIS is no longer in the AV-TEST and AV-COMPARATIVES tests? Links below:

https://www.av-comparatives.org

I thought I explained this on another thread…

These tests are never a full reflection in actual in the wild protection nor a true 0-day. This video explains some of that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ2juXPKyTI but people will always flock to AV vendors who are on the list so you often see those companies sponsoring the tests.You can’t rely on them fully and instead have to take the data over a period of years andlook at detection averages but that’s all signatures and behaviour test. True CIS has those but 8/10 of those out there don’t use sandboxing and if they do it’s not has comprehensive.

Anyway, it isn’t maybe the Devs or Melih can explain why better than I can, I’m just a volunteer mod and not staff anyway.

2 Likes