Several Problems with Comodo installation

Hi there,
I have been using comodo CIS for a few years now and i’ve always been more than satisfied with the product.
Yesterday I tried to install CIS (latest Version, 5.4) on a new machine.
It’s a clean Windows 7 Professional System, that has just been set up and has NOTHING else on it yet.
Comodo seems to install just fine (firewall and antivirus selected), but when it starts i get the error message “Update failed Error Code 0x80004002 No such interface supported”. I guess this is from the auto Updater. Also, all Internet traffic is blocked, i can’t even send out a ping. Even after disabling the firewall, defence+ and Antivirus, i still can’t get online.
This is what i have already tried:
restarting the system
uninstalled comodo, downloaded from another safe source and installed again
disabling all features in comodo

Non of it seems to help though. As soon as i uninstall comodo, my internet connection works again.
Maybe someone has got an idea about this issue, as i would like to continue using comodo.

Update -
I have read some of the other threads here, dealing with the same error, but they don’t seem to offer a solution.
I have now tried to run the file as “administrator”, but that wasn’t it either…
It’s a 64bit OS btw.

Hi eldron,

May be you should download CIS directly from Comodo site and select the 64bits downloader. It should solve your installation problem.

Here is the link

Boris

Can you see what AV database is being loaded? Look under More → About.

@Boris3 That was the first version i tried, before downloading it from another source.
I have now solved the Problem and got comodo to run properly, after about 10 installations and a complete system restore (using an acronis backup). By the way, the CIS removal tool didn’t do a good job and left some parts of the software on the system, which i had to uninstall manually, before being able to install the software again.

If anyone runs into a similar problem - this is what was causing the issue:
I am German, hence i was installing comodo on a german machine. When installing comodo, i changed the installation path from its default (c:\program files\comodo.…) to c:\programme\comodo.…
and that’s what was causing all the problems. As soon as i installed comodo into it’s default folder, everything was working just fine.
I even confirmed this, by uninstalling the software, even though it was working now, and installing it into the “programme” folder again, with the same result - no network connection and the error described above. Uninstalled it again, installed it into the default folder - and everything was fine again.
In all fairness i have to say that the issue is probably partly down to windows 7. I think in the german win 7 version, the “programme” folder is actually just a “link” to “program files”, which might have been part of the problem.

Hi Eldron. From the release notes the current uninstaller only searches default locations, and is planned to be able to search non default locations in future releases. Kind regards.

Tres horas me han tenido para decirme lo que ya sabía… Que contacte con Comodo… llamada internacional.
El geekbuddy no actualiza ni conecta. Las BD no actualizan… Una ruina… Una cagada…
Estoy harto de la m… del CIS.

En mi caso… funciona mal o bien segun donde este o con que PC esté… Y geekbuddy nunca conecta.
Aparte si lo desinstalas…te quedas sin Internet a menos que borres el adaptador de Comodo firewall entre otras cosas…

Sometimes it happens that you can’t connect to the internet after uninstalling, using the unofficial clean up tool or trying a manual deinstallation. Then the Inspect driver is still present and needs to be uninstalled.

How to uninstall the CIS firewall driver when it stays present? Look up the properties of the network connection, select the Comodo Firewall driver and uninstall it. See the attached image.