setup demand scan

hi all,
i recently moved from Eset AV to CIS (i used to just run the comodo firewall since the version that was in light blue (forgot the number)).

Now i have a problem. i have orbit downloader, utorrent, live messenger and firefox downloader extention.

i searched on the forum and was told that if i wanted to enable the AV to scan after downloading a file using orbit or live messenger, i would need to add this:
C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cavscan.exe (%1)

the link was:
https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t54855.0.html

now unfortunately on Orbit I tried both:
C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cavscan.exe (%1) and C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cavscan.exe %1 and it doesnt seem to work.

could someone guide me through?

version of CIS is: 5.5.195786.1383 (the free version). all settings in CIS are the default ones
running win 7 64bit home premium

any help would be appreciated!

thanks

Edit: attached the screenshot of the orbit downloader options:

[attachment deleted by admin]

From your screenshot, it looks as though you have it set up properly.

If it’s not working, Orbit must be using a different syntax to pass the file name to the AV scanner. I know Free Download Manager uses %file% instead of the more common %1.

Is there something in the Orbit documentation that specifies the proper syntax?

Heya HeffeD, thanks for the reply.
well i tried looking for orbit documentation but no luck.

the screenshots on the post of that link i got the info from is not orbit downloader.

im not sure if i should put in brackets the %1…

:frowning:

OK, you said the screenshot you posted was from the Orbit downloader options, so naturally I assumed you were showing the Orbit options…

The parenthesis around the command-line argument is more for when the argument is a part of the path. C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cavscan.exe (%1)
This way the application has a way to distinguish that the argument is not part of the file path.

When there is a separate field in the options for the argument, you don’t need the parenthesis.
Path C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cavscan.exe
Argument %1

As I said, if it’s not working, it is likely that Orbit is using different syntax to pass the file name to the scanner. So it likely does not matter about the parenthesis because %1 isn’t the proper argument. Does Orbit have support forums that you could ask what the proper command-line argument is?

Hi heffed, as you are aware i forgot to ask in their forums.

anywhow, i have asked now and as soon as i get a reply i let you know:)

One note: when i used ESET4 and 5, i didnt need to put any argument, just place the path of the exe, although i suspect they have a simillar architecture exe as avast for scans on demand.

Thanks