We have been made aware of an error when upgrading ESM to version 3.0.60716.1 where a ‘formal’ SSL certificate is being used i.e. the ESM Self-Signed certificate is not being used.
After the upgrade is complete you will receive an error in the ESM logs resembling “Service failed to start: You cannot start a server instance which has not been setup yet.”
We have noted this bug but the temporary workaround is:-
- Open mmc via command prompt (screenshot 1.png)
- Select ‘File → Add/Remove Snap-In’ (screenshot 2.png)
- Select Certificates item from Available snap-ins (screenshot 3.png).Select ‘Add’ button.
- Select ‘Computer account’ (screenshot 4.png). Click ‘Next’.
- Select ‘Local Computer’ (screenshot 5.png). Click ‘Finish’. Click ‘OK’.
- Expand ‘Certificates (Local Computer)’.
- Select Certificates and copy existing certificate (screenshot 6.png)
- Expand ‘Trusted Root Certification Authorities’.
- Select Certificates and paste copied certificate (screenshot 7.png)
- Go to CESM Configuration Tool and Start service
Our apologies for the inconvenience. We’ll get this fixed a.s.a.p.
[attachment deleted by admin]