SERIOUS ISSUE REGARDING comodo Antivirus (VERY HARMFUL)

Hi everybody, i have the same proble with 3 pc but of them i dont have an ntfs partition but win 32. How can i boot to get update of comodo?
Thanks

FYI

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,6488.msg48100.html#msg48100

Melih

I just want to take this opportunity to thank the guys from comodo to come up with a quick solution. It didn’t help the fact I still had to show this dreadful PDF presentation today :P, instead of the one I wanted to show, which was on my notebook. (BSOD error).

None the less, all is up and running again. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone for being patient and sticking by.

We did mess up on this one and we do apologise! We are making sure to fill that hole in the QA process so to that it doesn’t happen again.

(CLY)

Melih

Still Can do updates of MS Framework 2.0 from microsoft site without shutting down CAVS (i mean stoping the service in windows).

the main problem is with update: KB917283.

It doesnt install without cavs turn off

TY
(L)

Thank you for the solution. The 8 computer is up right now. (:CLP) (:KWL)

(L) Thanks to all for the good advise, I’ve fixed my BSOD computer and learned a valuable lesson.

Booting with the XP install disk, recovery mode, I could not copy my critical daily updated files to a flash drive. Access Denied to C:\Documents and Settings(and all sub-directories). I have relocated these critical files to a new directory (C:\critical) and promise to save them daily to the flash drive.

Here is a composite of solutions I found on the forum for those still in need:

Stop c000021a {Fatal System Error} …with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000, 0x0000000)

1 - Boot the computer with Windows XP install CD. Other boot means are available i.e. (NTFS Data Recovery Software - Boot Disk - Freeware NTFS Tools). You may have to set your system bios to boot from CD or other drive.

2 - From the XP install CD, choose r to repair your XP installation, follow prompts to (C:\WINDOWS>). Using other boot means, you want to proceed to a prompt i.e. (C:>). Irregardless of your current location, all examples will begin with the prompt symbol >.

3 - Copy the file winlogon.exe from your boot disk to your hard drive.

>copy D:\I386\WINLOGON.EX_  C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogon.exe     {press Enter key}

Using other boot means, you want to locate version 5.1.2600.2180 of C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogon.exe from a working computer. Using Windows Explorer, right click the file winlogon.exe and click properties to confirm the version number.

4 - Remove the XP install CD and reboot, pressing F8 key after bios screen to enter safe mode.

5 - Go to start, control panel, add or remove programs and un-install Cavs (Comodo Anti Virus Beta 2.0), follow the advanced options if you plan on re-installing Cavs.

6 - Reboot computer, then re-install Cavs and run updater.

If you’re administrator password is rejected go to (NTFS Data Recovery Software - Boot Disk - Freeware NTFS Tools) and download the appropriate password recovery program.

Good luck to all

OH NO!! my system crashes everytime when i´m booting my system. :o After the windows xp logo i get a bsod. Please, please, PLEASE help me!
I don´t have my XP cd-rom. So, i´m completley lost???
Please help my asap!! :cry:

Hi,
If you dont have xp-CD rom, please choose solution2 link

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,6483.msg47973.html#msg47973

regrads
Kishor

Hey dudes,

your solution worked perfectly. Thanks for the quick response. (:CLP)

Comodo rulez (R)

Put comodo antivirus on my vista and had nothing but problems had to take it out, and also the firewall is not ready for vista (:AGY) don’t know what the hell I’m doing but I am learning

Hi and welcome,

When CAVS is a stable then the team will start work on Vista compatible version.

CFP will go into beta testing on 16th April* with version 3 that will be fully Vista compatible.

Mike

*These dates are not final and are subject to change.

I too suffered at the hands of the anti-virus software which I downloaded the day after downloading the firewall. From then on I was unable to use any programmes including Firefox and Thunderbird unless I was prepared to wait - sometimes up to 30 minutes. Fortunately I had an experienced son who sorted me out by discovering the programme was doing a full HDD scan every time and was able , eventually, to delete the whole Comodo - still I suppose that`s what beta programmes (if these are) are about we are the testing Joes !

That’s why they call it BETA, boys!
Comodo makes some fine products, and they are quick to respond with fixes and patches! I like that.
After this BETA testing is over, the finished product will be GREAT!
I can’t wait… (L)

My computer had BSOD every boot recently, after months of happy operation. Disabling Comodo antivirus service => no boot problem but obviously no antivirus. Enabling => BSOD. This would seem to be a different sort of problem than the one involving winlogin.exe, wouldn’t it?

Microsoft KB887742 did not do the trick.

I’d love to use CAVS, but can’t get it to live with my computer anymore.

Is there a non-time consuming way to troubleshoot this before I resort to a lesser antivirus program?

Thanks

Hi ,Okay i’m not a computer expert, but i need HELP, i installed comodo antivirus, then it slowed down my pc , so i uninstalled it, then i restarted my pc, when i got to the windows log in page a windows installer message pops up, COMODO IS TRYING TO REINSTALL ITSELF!!! so it ask me to find comodo’s system files, but guess what, i can’t they’ve been deleted. So i can’t log in or anything, and my cd drive button is messed up and the only way to eject it is in windows explorer, i have now way of fixing my system… HELP

Help me out here. You’ve mentioned downloading the firewall and then suffering a bug that affects the antivirus.

Is it the firewall or the anti virus you’re having a problem with?

Ewen :slight_smile:

P.S> Blank password = BEYOND BAD! Not just in MS world, either.

I kept getting c000021a after installing your firewall. However I have had to repair my OS twice even after uninstalling the firewall, so I’m starting to think that it is something else which just seemed like the same problem the others had with the beta version of yoour antivirus.

I will try to dig in deeper and find out what’s really causing the problem. I will keep you updated in here incase it has had something to do with your products.

Please do. If we can help, we will.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Not one for posting but if this helps the software developers here we go.

Installed the latest beta version: 2.0.17.58_Beta Yesterday and I tried again today and all it does it freeze the computer.
I reformatted and installed windows xp service pack 2 and installed all the updates.
the only programs on my system is comodo Firewall which i turned off while I installed COMODO Anti-virus.
After the installing CAVS I did the updates and rebooted, turned on the firewall all seemed good until I click on any program, computer freeze.
I tried different combinations firewall off, firewall on, same output.

I uninstalled CAVS and all is good again.

I love the Firewall that works GREAT!