With an older version of Comodo FW, I could select apps I wanted blocked from a list of running processes.
I don’t seem to find the feature in the latest version.
Is it me, or was it removed?
Do you mean CIS 6? If so you can find this option by following the instructions below:
- Open the main interface of CIS.
- Click “Tasks” in the top right, next to the green arrow.
- Click and expand “Firewall Tasks”
- Click “Open Advanced Settings”
- In the new window that pops up, click “Application Rules” in the left menu.
- Near the bottom in the window with entries, there should be a little arrow pointing up, expand this and then click “Add” OR alternatively right-click anywhere in the window with the entries and choose “Add”
- In the new window that pops up, next to “Name” is a “Browse” expand this and choose “Running Processes”
- In the new window, choose which process you want and then click “OK”
- Back at the Application Rule window, choose “Use Ruleset:” and then to the right of this there is a drop down box in which you can choose “Blocked Application”
- Click “OK” on any windows that has that option and then exit the remaining windows unless you want to do further configurations.
Hope this helps.
2 SanyaIV: Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for.