Security Update: Update Your Flash Player to 10.0.45.2

Test Yours Here

Article

Bad

Hmmm. Usually I install the Flash Player Plugin (non IE) and Flash Player Active X (IE), but for some reason on Filehippo, where I usually download them from, there is no 10.0.45.2 Active X version available? The Non IE and the IE version on Filehippo are both the Non IE version.

Why don’t you download straight from the maker? Don’t worry, the installer isn’t bloated and that’s coming from me ;D

Thanks for the tip-off - just done it.
Don’t need the IE version as CFP is set to block IE!

Blocking IE is a given ;D. If you don’t install the IE version then you’ll need to manually remove the ■■■■ cache from:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player#SharedObjects
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

because CCleaner doesn’t detect it. Another way is:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks for that, Soyabeaner - it’s amazing how much junk is stored by these things. I have nothing from IE as I don’t run it, so that’s a relief.

I don’t ever use IE either, but I remember I needed the IE version for something back when I just had the Non-IE installed. Well, I don’t need it now, so I’ll just keep the Non-IE installed.

I wish that there were a way of stopping Flash from storing items, or a method for removing them other than going to the location.

I went to Macromedia’s site and made some settings, but a test-run on some Flash sites left junk behind ???

Here is a simple small app,that can disable, and or remove flash cookies.
FlashCookieRemover.exe is a 2.2 MB executable that you don’t install you just run it from desktop.

or use the flash support control panel to set your preferences. As Soyabeaner suggests above.

If you simply disable all the flash cookies/storage you will find you have issues with sites, similar to normal cookie denial in some circumstances. Crippled web “experience” and all that.

I note that my CCleaner version 2.28.1091 on Win 7 there is an Adobe Flash Player entry under the Multimedia section of the Application tab. And it does get the Flash stuff that the app I mentioned tells me about at least.

Bad

I’ve already been researching and meddled with all the settings, but it’s not possible store the cache elsewhere or prevent sites from being added to the list. I hope HTML5 will finish beta testing soon as it’s supposed to be less of a CPU hogger. Frankly, I’m getting tired of cleaning that cache >:(.

Another small utility for viewing and removing Flash Cookies (it showed 2 where flash-cookie-remover showed only 1) is from Nirsoft:

Why is it that after I got the update from adobe, then click on it windows notifies me that I cannot recognize the digital signature???