Security rules for batch files with random names!

Hello,

when I run Qt Creator and select the working session, the firewall pops up four consecutive warnings (like the one in the attached image). Apparently, Creator generates four temporary bat files in the Temp folder (in Users\MyName\Documents\AppData) and runs them one by one to configure the Visual Studio compilers. The bat files are identical (apart from the version of Visual Studio that is involved) and they look like:

chcp 65001
call “C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0/VC/vcvarsall.bat” amd64
@echo ####################
set
@echo ####################

vcvarsall.bat is a configuration script. I would like to create an exception for this warning in Comodo Firewall, since it is pretty annoying. Also, if I am not quick in selecting “Allow”, the bat file is deleted by Qt Creator before being run and consequently the configuration is not done correctly. The problem is that the names of the bat files change every time, so every rule I set up will be useless the next time a new set of bats is generated. Also, this started happening after the last Comodo update, why is that?

Thank you for your time! :slight_smile:

Create a HIPS rule for Qt creator and set it as an install/updater ruleset.

Yep that worked, thanks! :smiley:

By the way, why didn’t all these warnings show up before the update?

I’m thinking the update changed the active configuration to one of the default ones. Go to advance settings > general > configuration and see if more than the 3 configs are present. Otherwise I have no idea.