security options will unexpectedly say that all options are off.

i installed something earlier, and, upon logging out and relogging in, CFP said that all of the components were turned off, and there was no way of reenabling them. so i uninstalled what i had originally installed, turned on Deep Freeze, rebooted, and upon reboot, CFP was active again. so i turned off deep freeze, rebooted, and everything was back to normal. anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

here’s a print screen quick print screen. if you require any further to help in assistence, just ask and i will provide them promptly. thanks for your time and assistance

-xenfreak

http://i37.tinypic.com/68zqy1.jpg

Welcome to the forums, xenfreak!

First, my apologies in the delay in replying to your post.

You are running Faronics DeepFreeze? (If so, good product, and good for you!)

Just to make sure that I understand what you are saying:

When DeepFreeze is active, CFP is running properly as a firewall, and you have control of CFP.

When DeepFreeze is not active, CFP is in effect disabled, and you cannot enable CFP to run.

Did I get that correct?

If so, then DeepFreeze is doing it’s job, and blocking something that probably do not want on your machine. I would suggest a scan for malware. If you want to do a guided scan, I’ll point you to the Bleeping Computer “Am I Infected” forum at Am I infected? What do I do? Forum - BleepingComputer.com

If my rewording of your description isn’t correct, then I’m not understanding the problem. In which case, I’ll have to ask you to describe the problem again in some different wording.