Security of Comodo Firewall

Hello guys,
for quite a long time I was looking for some test to recognize what firewall is better. Than I found a leak test at http://www.matousec.com . It seems to be clear, so as former user of ZoneAlarm I tried Comodo Firewall and I was very satisfied. I like the way how the rules are set much more than in ZoneAlarm (ZoneAlarm is setting nightmare). Than I read the article again at matousec site (http://www.matousec.com/projects/windows-personal-firewall-analysis/Comodo-Personal-Firewall-2.3.6.81/)
Now Comodo doesn’t seems to be that perfect. :cry: I belive that every firewall have lots of bugs, just nobody bother so far to find them. The question is what developers will do with it? And that’s my question. Is here any cooperation with matousec site to recognize and solve those bugs? Or do you looking yourself into the security? As I wrote, I like Comodo Firewall but security is most important concern here. So what’s the answer of developers?

Thanks

Jerry

Hi Jerry, that is an old story, read what the heading says… <Comodo Personal Firewall 2.3.6.81 - Review >

Comodo is now up to 2.4.17.183 and most were supposed to be fixed in the latest version.

If you want the new links,

here

here

Paul

Hello Paul,
thanks for answer. I noticed that the investigaton was done on older version. But in the article you can find that SSDT Hook problem which was repaired in very last update (2.4.17.183) is marked as repaired bug. The rest of the bugs was not.I’m not a programmer so I have to believe in this to third parties articles and this article seems to be (or is) still valid. Therefore I’m wondering if any measures were taken to improve security of program itself. Thanks

Jerry

Hi Jerry, I emailed them asking about this and they are leaving the old articles up for comparison only. You have to understand, it’s only been a couple of weeks and even for one repair, this is great for any software team. They are sure to repair the rest. It takes 2 weeks just to get an answer from other vendors , IF you get one at all. This should be taken into consideration and the patches would need to be done RIGHT, not FAST. I hope you understand what I mean but just because Comodo is very open to the users, doesn’t mean they can whip up a correction in a few days,these things take time. :wink:

Paul

Hello Paul,
I actually didn’t expect that all bugs will be repaired by now, I just wanted to know if anybody is working on this maybe I just wrote my question wrong. Good to know that you are taking such info (matousec) seriously.
Belive me I’m really glad that comodo team is so open to public ;D

Keep up with a good work

Jerry

Hi again, I think I posted wrong. Reading back, I see what you mean. I was just trying to make a point to answer you but it comes off as being a bit rugged, this is my fault , not yours. :wink: Some days we sit back scratching our heads going, why did I put it like that and WHY didn’t I notice as I was writing it, lol. Human error I suppose. Rest assured I didn’t take your statement wrong, the fault is on me. Now Melih and Paulo will hit their SMITE key and i’ll be vaporized! :o

Paul