SecureEmail Really does not encrypt nor digitally sign my emails

Right I have downloaded SecureEmail again as I am running Vista, my cert is seen in SecureMail but I don’t think S.E has used any of my email cilents settings (Thunderbird) as there is no pop up box which comes up saying decrypting email which happens when things are working nicely. My email account settings are as follows

Incoming Mail Server · requires SSL:
· Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.tools.sky.com
or
Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.tools.sky.com
· Use SSL: Yes
· Port: Either 995 for POP3 or 993 for IMAP.

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server · requires SSL:
· smtp.tools.sky.com (use authentication)
· Use Authentication: Yes
· Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL)
· Port: 465

So do I have to change the settings in IMAP in the protocals setting as that is showing 143 as the port number?

Hi, Patrice.

As I see - Comodo SecureEmail (CSE) hasn’t imported your Thunderbird mail client settings.
You can fix them in next ways:

1. simply reinstall CSE (it should import all existing Thunderbird accounts and alter them for CSE compatibility)
  2. manually update your settings in Thunderbird:
    2.1) Set “Use SSL:” to “No” for mail account
    2.2) Add this port to CSE protocols settings (more information: CSE User Guide - Configuring CSE - Protocols)
    2.3) Restart Mail client
    2.4) Repeat for each mail account

I hope your issue will be resolved soon, feel free to ask any questions about Comodo products.

Regards, Eugene

Right I have reinstalled SecureEmail that does not work, and every time I do it is saying that it can’t find a cert on my system which is silly as it is there in the cert settings part of S.E. As for me modding the settings in protocals I am gonna need to be spoon fed how to do that as yes it is simple but for the life of me I can’t see what I am doing wrong as it won’t work.

Hi, Patrice

We’ve looking into this issue now and will respond to you soon.

Regards, Eugene

Thanks it’s great to know that it is being looked into, by the way I am running or trying to run S.E on a user account if that makes any difference to anything.

I hope my problem with C.S.E is still being addressed.

Hi, Leon

Your issue would be fixed soon.
For now I will describe you - how to setup Comodo SecureEmail (CSE) manually:
We are expecting that you have next accounts as you posted them:

1. You should setup new ports to listen in CSE:
    1.1) Run configure.exe (or Start->Programs->Comodo->SecureEmail->SecureEmail Configuration)
    1.2) Click “Protocols” button on the left pane of the Configuration Main window.
    1.3) Select POP protocol and click “Properties…” button
    1.4) Click “Add port…” button
    1.5) Setup ports numbers according to screenshot attached (Add_POP_Port.png)
    NOTE: You can use any name for “Friendly Name” field - for example: “Sky POP”.
    1.6) Click OK in “Add a Port” Dialog and in “POP3 properties” dialog.
    1.7) Select SMTP protocol and click “Properties…” button
    1.8) Click “Add port…” button
    1.9) Setup ports numbers according to screenshot attached (Add_SMTP_Port.png)
    NOTE: You can use any name for “Friendly Name” field - for example: “Sky SMTP”.
    1.10) Click OK in “Add a Port” Dialog and in “SMTP properties” dialog.
    1.11) Select IMAP protocol and click “Properties…” button
    1.12) Click “Add port…” button
    1.13) Setup ports numbers according to screenshot attached (Add_IMAP_Port.png)
    NOTE: You can use any name for “Friendly Name” field - for example: “Sky IMAP”.
    1.14) Click OK in “Add a Port” Dialog and in “IMAP properties” dialog.
    1.15) Click OK in CSE Configuration Main window

2. You should update your Thunderbird mail client settings:
    2.1) Restart (or run) your Thunderbird Mail client
    2.2) Update marked fields for POP account according to screenshot attached (POP.png)
    2.3) Update marked fields for SMTP account according to screenshot attached (SMTP.png)
    2.4) Update marked fields for IMAP account according to screenshot attached (IMAP.png)

Feel free to ask any questions on this.

Regards, Eugene

[attachment deleted by admin]

Right what would I need to put in the new version if I just wanted to use IMAP ie

Incoming Mail Server · requires SSL:
Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.tools.sky.com
· Use SSL: Yes
· Port: Either 995 for POP3 or 993 for IMAP.

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server · requires SSL:
· smtp.tools.sky.com (use authentication)
· Use Authentication: Yes
· Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL)
· Port: 465

Hi, Leon

Settings should be the same for 2.0.0.9 as they were for 2.0.0.3 or 2.0.0.1.
If you still have issues with TB we can send you Diagnostic version based on 2.0.0.9 with extensive logging.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Eugene.