Scynchronization Capability

I have been using the Comodo Backup for awhile and I am overall pleased. I do have a few questions regarding its capabilities. If I delete files from a source folder, does the synch function delete the file in the destination folder. Is there a limit on the length of the [path/filename] string, the killer limitation of Microsoft’s “SynchToy”

No it doesn’t. It will leave the copy in the destination folder. This also applies when renaming files in the source folder. The destination folder will contain the originally named file AND the renamed file.

Is there a limit on the length of the [path/filename] string, the killer limitation of Microsoft's "SynchToy"

I believe that it is 238 characters. I’m trying to dig up my testing notes on this, but they’re buried deep. :slight_smile: I’m pretty sure that Comodo Backup uses the Windows shell naming limits, which is a maximum path/file string of 255 (minus a handful for device names).

Although XP does support filenames of up to 255 characters, this is only achievable if the file is in the root of a device. Odd, but that’s just how it is.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Locked.

Reason: Out-Dated post.

Josh