Scot Finney: Online Armor best Firewall Of 2008

Scot’s blog is an opinion. Not facts. A good article is based on facts and not a users opinions of why A is better then B.

Well, from the threads I have read on a few security forums, it would appear that he is of the same opinion as most of the forum veterans.

Coincidence?

CFP v3 was released with a lot of new functionality that was frequently difficult to access.

Sticking a big “EASY” button on the front does not improve the usability of the product’s advanced options.

CFP 3 vs. OA is like the same thing as XP vs. Vista. Everything’s based on opinions rather than facts. I’d say CFP 3 is Vista, while OA is XP.
Vista is safer than XP, but why people still stick with XP? Because XP’ve been around for many years, and people are used to it. I guess it was the same thing when XP was released. People thought “what a piece of junk, I’ll stick to old trustworthy Windows 98” or something. So if we write “CFP 3 is safer than OA, buy why people still stick with OA?” instead, we’ll get a similiar answer. OA is more user-friendly than CFP 3. CFP 3 is more secure than OA. The average computer user want a firewall that’s easy to use, not one that’s powerful and offers lots of ways to increase the protection.

Cheers,
Ragwing

Or like Windows vs. MacOSX

hi vettetech

are you pcgamergod? if yes, there’s a reason why they removed your post: on OA’s forum admins don’t want A vs. B discussions.
Here there’s some people that say bad things about OA, Comodo and other firewalls (like “OA is full of issues, nobody should use it” ecc ecc), there it’s forbidden to say, for example “Comodo is full of issues, nobody should use it”. And as you can see, nobody says that OA is the best firewall and that the other firewalls suck, there.
It’s also written in the forum rules :wink:

Anyway, I think that OA and Comodo are both very good firewalls…

ps: and about leak-tests… now OA’s product score is 100% :wink:

Scots newsletter is an A vs B discussion ( or opinion ) too :wink:

Last year november, when I came to the conclusion that CFP 3 was not ready for me, I did a test with Online Armor but that was not satisfying either. I recently started to test CFP 3 again and now I am happy with it. But I agree it is a matter of personal opinion :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

No whats odd here. Mike Nash is so quick ti fix his Matousec results but not too qucik to fix real problems like people complaining about explorer.exe issues. That has been a complaint for months now including my buddy. I sent Melih a PM about the huge lag in pings with version 318 and 48 hours later out came version 320. Thats what I call customer service.

Different tests give different results :slight_smile: I wouldn’t worry about it if I where you :wink:

Greetz, Red.

The title of Scot’s blog should be “Scot’s Opinion Of The Best Firewall OF 2008 So Far”. Thats all it is. An opinion. Where are the facts.

it’s obvious that’s just an opinion! :wink:

I know but there is so much hype now over at Wilders and OA fourms itself cause of this. People seem to be missing the big picture.

i don’t wanna start flames, but that’s not true… OA’s users are very happy because Mike always tries to solve problems in short times…
in the .119 there’re also many bugfixes, but… a I don’t want to start a discussion with you, so… bye

OA .119 would pass all the tests, I think… :wink:

you’re very famous on OA’s forum… :THNK
maybe you know why…

edit: ok, this is really my last post :-\

Im famous…cool then give me an award. Thats funny I don’t see my name being brought up in posts. Oh I am sorry is that another opinion like Scot’s. I just popped my head in over at OA fourms and guess what. People are still complaining about explorer.exe errors. Months later still not fixed.

In fairness, the fix for the OA explorer.exe bug is, I believe, in closed beta testing now. It sholdn’t be long before it is released to the public.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Not true at all. A friend of mine has the post in there. he is fed up and moving over to Comodo with my help. 50 builds later and they still cant fix it. There are several people with this problem.

Vettetech… the Comodo Spy :stuck_out_tongue:

Back on topic now. Still if it’s just one persons opinion why are all the OA and wilders forums going crazy over this? It’s just one test. For me it would take 10 tests with the exact same results to make me a believer.

Agreed. OA Paid is what Scot voted. Not OA free. Comodo is free. No strings. I tried OA awhile back. More then once. Each version slowed my pc down especially browsing. I use Avira Premium which scored 2nd best according to AV Comparitvies. Does that mean I dump and get the # ranked. No I like Avira and I love my Comodo despite its 98 score. (:WIN)

That’s that thing it’s impossible to offer 100%(atleast in this day it is) so technically all programs can improve somehow? Correct? correct. :slight_smile: