Scheduler seems not to work

Hi all,

I have installed the last version of Comodo Backup.

Everything’s working fine, except for the scheduler; i checked that ComodoBackupService is up and running, but seems not to work at all.

Jobs don’t run at specific day/time, or other scheduling possibilities. I’ve a win xp Pro SP2 system.

Thanks and regards,

Giancarlo (Italy)

Hello grendina

Welcome to Comodo

There have been quite a few issues with the scheduling in Comodo Backup. Some have been resolved and some users have never been able to get the schedule to work. I hope you will be able to get it working to your satisfaction. Please check the following link and see that your backup is set up somewhat similar to what is shown there. If you still have problems let us know and we will do our best to get it working for you.

John

https://forums.comodo.com/help/scheduled_backup_wont_run-t13523.0.html;msg98145#msg98145

(B)

Hi John,
thanks for your help.

I checked everything I read in the message, but it does not work!!!

???

Scheduler is essential for my backups…

Any other suggest???

Hello grendina

Open Comodo Backup and check at the top where it says “service state” does it say “running”?
Are you scheduling as administrator and staying logged in?
What are you attempting to backup to? If it is a DVD there have been a few problems where you cannot use compression while backing up to DVD.
Check out this thread on the forum and see if it helps at all.

https://forums.comodo.com/help/scheduled_backup_not_working_manually_works-t2604.0.html;msg20071#msg20071

John

Hi John,
thanks again for your help; unfortunately, nothing’s changed.
Scheduler does not work at all…

About your suggests :
"Open Comodo Backup and check at the top where it says “service state” does it say “running”? " - Yes, its state is running
“Are you scheduling as administrator and staying logged in?” - Answer is yes again…
“What are you attempting to backup to? If it is a DVD there have been a few problems where you cannot use compression while backing up to DVD.” - Answer is no, DVD’s are not involved. I want to backup folders to another HDD…

Looking at topics, it seems that many people is experiencing this problem. I’m quite sure that this is a bug of this Comodo Backup release, cause scheduler works fine in previous release…

Perhaps, better to open a ticket to Comodo support. What do you think about it?

Regards,
Giancarlo

Good Idea grendina, sorry it is not working for you. It seems that for some it just doesn’t work and for others it works great.

John