Scheduled task not starting / UNC path [BUG]

hi

i have scheduled a backup of a windows 2008 server R2 but, comodo creates the task but, it sets it to only start if logged in, so i edit the scheduled task to start whether a user is logged in or not, but it keeps reverting back to only start if logged in. This is an unattended server, how can i set it so it will start by itself…

Also I could not get comodo to start a program before backing up, so again i added this program by editing the scheduled task, the first time comodo runs it also removes this change. I want to use comodo on over 250 servers but cannot get past this problem…

thanks

Ive tried exporting to a script then making a batch file, this works for the full backup but for the incremental all i get is :

25.07.2011 15:42:15 Creating New Backup…
25.07.2011 15:42:15 Opening parent backup…
25.07.2011 15:42:17 Error Occurred
25.07.2011 15:42:17 Backup process failed with code 46

Im guessing this is because there is no full backup for it to base the incremental on, the script im using is:

“c:\program files\comodo\comodo backup\cbu.exe” /backup_operation /type filesandfolders /source "C:|E:|F:|I:" /exclusionfilter “.tmp|.bak|pagefile.sys” /compressionlevel low /destinationtype destinationtypediskfile /destinationpath “y:\backup_inc_files|DATE1|.cbu” /backup_type incremental /parent_incremental_snapshot_no -1 /parent_backup_storage_type /parent_backup_path “” /diskusage high /processorusage normal /log_file “Y:\inc.log” /log_method “append”

anyone…?

46 = invalid path
I think that “Y:” drive is not available as target - hence (my “guess”) CB/system can’t recognize the user and/or his settings. Also, I guess Y: is a mapped network drive: you shall use full UNC path instead.
Option 2: maybe you can try adding the net use parameters to your batch file, so before the script is running, it shall map the “Y:” drive to the \server$c (your server\share).
E.g.: net use y: \server123\sharedfolder /user:server123\adminname password (etc. switches: /savecred /persistent:yes)
Option 3: you may want to use the “runas” command (e.g. runas /user:yournameaslocal “batchname batchpath”).

I have tried unc paths to the network share, ive also tried c:<here> but i get the same error 46…

In that case, are your E:, F: and I: (any of them) drives mapped network drives? Will the backup work with C: only source and an UNC path destination?

hi

no they are not mapped, i have tried on another server whch has a c drive only, with UNC destination and get the exact same error.

Thank you brian123,

Please, help the author by creating a debug file: https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cb/how-to-collect-debug-information-t63958.0.html
The switch usage won’t tell you anything, nor it will start CBU (after using the switch, start CBU, please). After you got this error, use the output switch to create the .cbu file. Please, attach the cbu/zip file to the post or send it to the provided email with small explanation or with a direct link to this topic.
Thank you for your feedback!
Ark

Please use this script :

“c:\program files\comodo\comodo backup\cbu.exe” /backup_operation /type filesandfolders /source "C:|E:|F:|I:" /exclusionfilter “.tmp|.bak|pagefile.sys” /compressionlevel low /destinationtype destinationtypediskfile /destinationpath “y:\backup_inc_files|DATE1|.cbu” /backup_type incremental /diskusage high /processorusage normal /log_file “Y:\inc.log” /log_method “append”

I removed all /parent… information.
This will make cbu append information to same .cbu file if performed on same day.
The error seems to be caused by parent destination path which was invalid “”

Regarding the issue with scheduling, the problem was fixed in 4.0 version of CB, which is now in BETA stage.
You can try it here: https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cb-b171.0/

Thanks