Scan takes 4hrs and stops at 75%

I have a computer that scans for 4 hrs and than stops on 75%. Is there a log that tells me what goes on, why it stops and why its so slow?

Win7 64b
AMD quad-core 2.5ghz
4Gb ram
500Gb HD

Hello! Do you have any other security software on this PC which works with Comodo? You system is powerful enough to scan the whole PC in 1:40-2 hours max. Can you also tell me how much space is used on your PC? Also when it stops at 75% what’s next? How long you wait?

• No there is no other security software
  • 50Gb space used
  • don’t know, not my pc but I will test this and report back.

I see. Okay. Do that plz and get back to me :slight_smile:

Does it always stop scanning (lock up) on the same file ? I had that happen around version 4.9 . My only thought would be to note the file (if it always the same one) and add it to exclusions. Then submit it to Comodo.

WHen this happens cmdagent.exe (Comodo Internet Security Helper Service) has crashed during the scan.

Could you try to change the recovery settings for the Comodo Internet Security Helper Service to always immediately restart the service after it crashed. Go to Control Panel (Configuratiescherm) → Administrative Tools (Systeembeheer) → Services.

Now up look up Comodo Internet Security Helper Service → select it → choose Properties (Eigenschappen) → Recovery (Herstel). Now set for all situation for the service to restart after 0 days and 0 minutes.

May be this will pull the scanner back to life. I have never tried it but may be worth the try.

Other than that it would be worth filing a bug report. If you have the time and energy please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.

Also follow How to determine which file is causing a manual scan to hang to determine what file was causing the scanner to be hung. Please add this information to your bug report.

There is no text, just no movement at all for hours.

Thanks I will test this.

Other than that it would be worth filing a bug report. If you have the time and energy please consider filing a bug report in the [url=https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis-b132.0/]Bug Reports - CIS[/url] board following the format as described in [url=https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/format-guide-just-copypaste-it-t61845.0.html]FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it![/url].

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.

Also follow How to determine which file is causing a manual scan to hang to determine what file was causing the scanner to be hung. Please add this information to your bug report.

Mod edit: Fixed quote tags, Captainsticks.

Hi Eljo,
Was this a clean install or an update?
Do you get any Antivirus events logged?
Do your Manual scan settings differ much from the default settings?

The computer broke and is gone for repair power supply

Good luck upon its return.

I did my last scan when i used an antivirus that finished it in 45 minutes.
Then i used comodo defense+.

With an antivirus,
new entries are scanned. Activated things get scanned. I dont need full scans somehow.

Can someone explain to me, why i would need regular full scans?