Scan Results????

Hi

Just done a scan and it threw up two files as potential threats
NVWGF2UMX.DLL and NVAPi64.DLL
Since both these files are essential windows files and I keep my anti virus and comodo up to date as well as run anti malware every day I cannot see how they can be affected.

Are they false positives or what.

Regards

Are you sure they’re classified as threats and not simply unknown? There’s a difference, one is having a specific signature for the files where they are classified as threats and for the other one there is simply no signature for the file and it’s unknown to CIS.

Could you post a screenshot of it?

Hi Sanya IV Litvyak

Thanks for the reply - You could be right, I’ll do another scan and let you know.

Hi Sanya IV Litvyak

I have just done another scan and this time it shows 100% OK.

This keeps happening. On one scan it shows up a couple of possible problems and the next time nothing.

Why could this be??

Not sure, are you doing a full system scan for malware or are you doing a file rating scan?

Hi

On the main Comodo screen there is a button for SCAN. I was not aware that I could do do two types of scan. I am using the free version of Comodo.

Which product are you using? COMODO Antivirus, COMODO Firewall or COMODO Internet Security?

Comodo firewall

In that case the only Scan type you have is the Rating scan, this scans certain areas of the system for files and determines whether they are trusted, malicious or unknown, in this case I would assume that they were found to be unknown which isn’t really a problem for the files in question. As for why they didn’t show up the second time? You may have trusted them last time you scanned or it may have automatically trusted them.

OK Sanya IV Litvyak

Thanks a lot for your help.