Scan computer memory. [M2402]

Hello.

Scan computer memory after the computer start. Don’t work. I try many times checking the box and after i enter to the setting the"check box" are unmarked. I want this option all time.

Hi brom0r,

Our developer team is aware of this issue and they’re working on it, so I request you to wait for the update.

Thanks.

Hello,

I inform you that I have exactly the same problem on two computers running Comodo CIS Free v.12.0.0.6818

One computer running Windows 10 Pro x64 and the other running Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

For information this did not happen under Comodo CIS Free v11.0.0.6744. This problem appeared automatically after the update without changing the configuration of Comodo CIS.

I remain available for any further information.
Cordially.

:viva: :BNC

This can be for two reasons.
the first one when we mark “verify memory” and the second when we mark and uncheck the settings “check memory” and check hds, pendrives …

Here it happened after you did this

Hello liosant,

I do not understand your answer.

Here is the problem :
I check the box “Examiner la m?moire en d?but d’analyse” in front of the arrow (box translated from English “Scan computer memory after the computer start”). Then I validate the configuration by clicking on “ok”. And when I return to the settings the box remains unchecked!

Note that this problem did not exist before switching to the version Comodo CIS v.12.0.0.6818, and that this box was and remained checked in my configuration with Comodo CIS v11.0.0.6744.

I remain available for any further information.
Cordially.

Hello

What do you mean? i don’t understand

Fixed in newest beta.

Thanks so much! :wink: :wink: :wink: