Sanitized Ads blocked?

Hi,

Could someone please explain why Privdog states that it blocked sanitized ads? what is wrong with those ads since they are categorized as sanitized?

Privdog only staes the number of blocked. Where can i see details?

By sanitized I think PrivDog means removed i.e it could just as well say “Blocked ads”. But I am not completely sure about this.

Currently you can not see details, only the amount will be shown (there is a wish for more details in the wishlist section of PrivDog)

They weird thing is, is that the url’s of those ads all point to adtrustmedia. Does that mean that Privdog replace the ads? (crosslink to your thread)

Currently the only trusted ads (as far as I am aware of) come from AdTrustMedia, so only ads from AdTrustMedia will be allowed.

I think I know what you mean, and I think this is something the PrivDog team need to look at …

But not at the plugin, at the documentation

Have a look on the PrivDog dedicated site at the End User License Agreement ( EULA ) - Its actually labelled Terms & Conditions at the bottom of the home page

http://www.privdog.com/eula.html

THE “TRUSTED ADVERTISEMENTS” FEATURE ALSO OVERLAYS SEARCH RESULTS ADVERTISEMENTS WITH ADVERTISEMENTS FROM A TRUSTED SOURCE IN THE FORM OF AN OVERLAY WINDOW. THIS WINDOW IS IDENTIFIED BY DISCLOSURE OF AN “AT-M Ad’ ON THE TOP LEFT OR RIGHT SECTION OF THE WINDOW. TO VIEW THE OTHER ADVERTISEMENTS UNDERNEATH THE TRUSTED ADVERTISEMENTS OVERLAY WINDOW AND CLOSE THE WINDOW, CLICK THE “See Non AT-M Ad” LINK PRESENT ON THE OVERLAY WINDOW.

When you are looking at the Ad overlay, it has the url of the ad in the upperleft of the Ad space … This I believe is the url of the Ad that will replace the Ad being overlaid ( which is why it reads AdTrustMedia )

And the AT-M Ad thing is in the bottom right

Besides that not being quite correct in accordance with the function description in the EULA ( should be Top Left or Right instead of Bottom right according to that function description ) …

I think the Terms & Conditions / EULA / Function descriptions should all be entirely different things, its a bit like the Privacy Policy which is a bit of a mixed bag aswell.

I was looking at it last night and felt it needed a new topic … But fell asleep :slight_smile:

I think they tried to keep the dedicated site minimal in its presentation by including what we would ordinarily consider Documentation in the use of PrivDog … Included in the Terms & Conditions ( Most people will not look in there for documentation and I can see this leading to a lot of head scratching :slight_smile: )

Have a look at this site …

http://twit.tv/sn

When you get the page fully loaded, on the right hand side there is a big box advert ( just down from the “Wiki” and “About” button links )
Have a look at the lower right of that ad box you should see AT-M AD

Dont click anything yet, but now just refresh the same page so you get a different ad in the same box

If its a sanitized Ad, you will see the url of the ad PrivDog wants to replace it with, a picture placement holder in the middle of the box, and AT-M AD in the lower right - Otherwise you will see the original ad with AT-M AD overlaid on it.

Edit: Yeah, I know, ironic that security now is hosted on Leo Laport’s site which has 3 sanitized ads, 2 trackers and 1 statistics blocked by PrivDog. But thats how they fund all their shows ( sometimes Leo and Steve get a bit diplomatic with each other in this regard )