A. THE BUG/ISSUE: sandboxed Mozilla Firefox can’t download anything
- What you did: Just ran Firefox sandboxed and tried to download anything (ccleaner, orbit…everything)
- What actually happened or you actually saw: when the download window appears, I select “download” and Firefox crashes…I have to kill it via windows task manager
- What you expected to happen or see: the download should start normally.
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: I couldn’t fix it, tried to select as default download folder the shared space one, but no results.
- If a software compatibility problem have you tried the compatibility fixes (link in format)?: I don’t know if this is a software compatibility issue.
- Details & exact version of any software (execpt CIS) involved (with download link unless malware): Mozilla Firefox 17.0.1
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so precise steps to make it happen: Run firefox sandboxed, try to download somethin (e.g. Ccleaner).
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): No idea about causes.
B. FILES APPENDED. (Please zip unless screenshots).:
0. A diagnostics report file (Click ‘?’ in top right of main GUI) Required for all issues): see attached file
- Screenshots of the 6.0 Killswitch Process Tab (see Advanced tasks ~ Watch Activity) or 5.x Active Process List. If accessible, required for all issues:: see attached files
- Screenshots illustrating the bug:
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs: none
- A CIS config report or file: none
- Crash or freeze dump file: none
- Screenshot of More~About page. Can be used instead of typed product and AV database version:
C. YOUR SETUP:
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration: CIS 6.0.260739.2674, virus db 14767, Proactive security
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS: no installation from scrtach
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: no
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?: no
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): swirtched to proactive security, disabled automatic sandbox, Firewall on custom ruleset, showing popoups.
- Defense+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall & AV security levels: AV on default mode, autosandbox disabled, HIPS enabled.
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows Xp sp 3, 32 bits, admin account
- Other security and utility software currently installed: sandboxie, mbam (on demand) emsisoft antimalware (on demand), hitman pro (on demand).
- Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed: Avast free antivirus
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box)[color=blue]: none
[attachment deleted by admin]