Sandbox Security Level

Hi

I know Sandbox is a new feature of CIS4 but why is it configurable from the system tray (i.e Sandbox Security Level). Shouldn’t it be accessible from within the Defense+ module in GUI only being part of Defense+?

:slight_smile:

Because it’s convenient way to enable / disable this feature. It has been added on because of numerous user requests. It allows to run Sandbox on demand only with just two clicks of a mouse. Also if you suspect that Sandbox might cause some application to malfunction, then you can easily disable it (with just two clicks of a mouse).

No, it shouldn’t. Not everyone likes to restore whole GUI and switch between multiple tabs and windows in order to switch just one slider. I hope it will stay the way it is now since there is neither Defense+ nor Sandbox panel in Summary screen.

Personally, I would prefer it under “Defense+ Security Level”, say on top of “Paranoid Mode” with a divider inbetween. Then it could be enabled or disabled with a single mouse click. See attached screenshot.

No, it shouldn't. Not everyone likes to restore whole GUI and switch between multiple tabs and windows in order to switch just one slider. I hope it will stay the way it is now since there is neither Defense+ nor Sandbox panel in Summary screen.

Personally, I feel there should be a “Defense+” panel (like Virus and/or Network Defense panels). Then the option to enable/disable sandbox could be added there.

:slight_smile:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yeah, me too, but it is unlikely to happen any soon.
Anyway, I made a concept draw in order to show how it could look like.
I think that Hightlights and Traffic panels are rather useless, so they’re not included ;D.
If Comodo needs a way to inform users about something import from time to time then they should do it the same way Emisoft with a-squared did - a nice pop up from system tray.

I like the drawing. :-TU

I like the drawing too! :-TU

:-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU
Cooooool
+1

Thanks.
Here is an updated version. I’ve added more functionality to it, and now only the Traffic panel is missing. Hightlighs are placed in status bar as a ‘Tip of a day’. Proactive Defense panel got My Blocked Files shortcut and the Virtualization Defense panel got Run a Program in a Sandbox shortcut. Also Live Support button has been replaced with other concept.

I like this summary screen idea. But I also like the Network Traffic display.

Yes, I do like that.

I really like this summary screen idea. It should be easy to implement because its not really a change to the GUI. Its just adding more stats to the page.