Sandbox doesn't seem to work at all...

When I received the alert wrote „Cloud Antivirus” and for Cloud Based Behavior Analysis recived a link for CIMA.

• Good for viruses appeared less than 6h; + good for +6h. It would not hurt a faster response to the emergence of “new” viruses.

So, what’s your excuse?

After checking your posts, you don’t seem to have submitted a single bug report for CIS 5. You need to report 1120 bug reports here. If you hate poor communication between the developers and the testers so much, then I suggest you practice what you preach: Be realistic and try some communicating yourself.

Btw It’s Egemen, not Egeman.

Since no one here has anything productive to say, the thread is going down.

Locked? OK. But, you should still report what you have observed in 1120’s bug report topic (which would be productive).

I’ve reported it, so don’t talk like i just cluessly complain around. However if you ppl constantly move stuff around and merge and split mesages and threads, i can’t even find my own report to prove it. So go search it yourself.

Well… if your post isn’t in the Bug Report topic itself, then it was removed because you failed to follow the required format (see first post). It is stated very clearly.

edit: Is this the one?

Wrong format & posted in the wrong topic (it was never moved).

edit2: Perhaps an easier way to search your own posts would to use your own Profile - Show Posts.

PS I think you could be a little less rude… I’m just trying to help and I’m treating you much better than you have been treating me (and others). But, I’m also very willingly to ignore you as well (assuming you don’t break the rules).

this post answers the question elegantly!

Melih

This answers exactly nothing. Why has no one to date explained what kind of special super duper thing CIS requires that others don’t to make it fail miserably under VM’s? I’ve tested loads of stuff from traditional antiviruses, heuristics engines, behavior analyzers/blockers, HIPS, sandboxes, firewalls and not a single ever failed to operate. Why is CIS the only exception. And why this changed during CIS5 beta testing.
You’d expect such drastic change in transition between CIS5 and CIS6, not inside the same version.
If anything it makes any further testing significantly harder and impossible at best. I just can’t imagine tetsing anything beta without VM that i can hammer, abuse and then discharge and replace with a fresh one. In a matter of seconds.

OK then. Please post a Bug report here in the correct format* and let’s see what happens.

*Correct format…

And since the OP doesn’t seem to have anything productive to add, this topic is locked. Thank you.
Since the OP doesn’t seem to want to report any bugs either, other users have productive things to add that will hopefully clarify & resolve this issue. UNLOCKED.

do you know how VM’s work?

They emulate the real OS.

If they don’t fully emulate the real OS and if CIS using the parts that VM you are using does not emulate, it will not work.

As it is said before, this shows how much more powerful CIS is compared to others.

You should take this up with your VM provider. They can tell you which functions they don’t emulate that CIS uses.

Melih

I asked to a mod to open this tread again just to clarify this issue to eveybody. I already posted in wilders but not everybody here read in wilders.

I have never had any problem with Comodo in VMWare, the only documented problems that comodo have is with VirtualBox
http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/2496
Is a bug that virtualbox have not fix yet.

If you had a problem with virtualPC 2007 probably the Mod’s dont have enough knowledge to give the ultra detailed answer that you are looking for, send a PM to a developer. But probably the best person that can give you an answer is the people that developed virtualPC 2007 4 years ago since their software is not working properly. So probably Comodo dont have enoght information to explain a bug in an outdated software from Microsoft.

I dont expect comodo test their product in every single release of every single virtual machine software even the outdates ones to see the debug and check if everything goes well. Microsoft should test Comodo and see where the problem is, because they have the debuging tools and all the resources.

If a program works in a real computer and does not work in a virtual pc, this is a bug in the virtual pc not in the program that you are testing.
You are using virtualPC 2007 a software release almost 4 years ago, maybe you should report a bug in microsoft and try VMWare.

If you use google your will find that there are many securitu app’s that have problems in VitualBox
http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33256

https://forums.comodo.com/resolvedoutdated-bugs/firefox-freezes-t38978.0.html;prev_next=prev

[QUOTE]In a matter of fact I couldn’t even complete Online Armor 3 instalation on Virtual Box. Other users of VirtualBox complained about Kaspersky 2009 crash issue. Seriously this must be caused by VirtualBox. Besides, this crash only occurs if you have Defense+ enabled
[/quote]
http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9529&start=30

[QUOTE]Hello.
The problem is indeed on VirtualBox side - it’s not supporting vectored interrupts
[/quote]
Maybe the outdated VirtualPC 2007 has the same problem, asks microsoft, because Comodo can not help you with the bugs and limitations of another software.
Did you see what everybody did? they went to post the bug in the forums of the virtual machine company and they gave their and answer. Nobody went to kasperksy forum or Online Armor forum demanding a detailed answer, nobody is “angry” with OnlineArmor or Kasperksy because they dont work properly with their virtual machine, because they understand that OnlineArmor and Kasperksy can’t help that much.

It’s ridiculous ask for support in Comodo forums for a bug in a Microsoft product, don’t you think?
And in Comodo forums the people gave you several answers:

[QUOTE]khm, if vm does not have enough API to simulate “real” environment that is certainly not problem of CIS on the contrary it means CIS covers/working with much more API than any other program you tested IMO

P.S. on VMware CIS works flawlessly
[/quote]

[QUOTE]do you know how VM’s work?

They emulate the real OS.

If they don’t fully emulate the real OS and if CIS using the parts that VM you are using does not emulate, it will not work.

As it is said before, this shows how much more powerful CIS is compared to others.

You should take this up with your VM provider. They can tell you which functions they don’t emulate that CIS uses.
[/quote]
If you want a more detailed one ask to microsoft, comodo does not have access to the source code of VPc2007 and they dont know their limitations. Comodo developers works to make their products work great not to beta test evey single version of every single virtual machine software to see if the VM software is buggy or not.

Due to the ridiculous limitations of VIrutalPC 2007 I think that most of the security app would not work 100% well.
http://www.google.es/search?q=Virutal+PC+2007+limitations&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:es-ES:official&client=firefox-a#hl=es&client=firefox-a&hs=c8F&rls=org.mozilla:es-ES:official&&sa=X&ei=t9OETL_FH4OQjAfPnLSOCA&ved=0CBUQvwUoAQ&q=Virtual+PC+2007+limitations&spell=1&fp=6f1de62a8217f2cf

excellent and very informative Lordraiden, thank you very much!

Melih

BTW, it looks like MRG dies but never surrender. 88)

http://i51.tinypic.com/28krjv4.png

RejZor have been here for a good time and in MRG foo a good time to. He is just putting facts here about his problems with Vm software and CIS.

mod edit: no need for the first image really, let alone a second. kail

!ot!
Guys, we to get off the subject of what any given person is, or is not, part of and return to the Subject at hand. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Melih, is it so hard to explain in simple terms why specifically you need this very instruction that NO ONE ELSE seem to be using? Why can’t you simply answer my question with “We need this instruction to do X (what exactly?) with a program modul X (like D+) so we can X (i don’t know, intercept some rootkit or something).” Is that really so hard? 88) I’m a beta tester and as such, i take such questions as something normal. And so far i’ve always got answers to such questions. Except with Comodo. Security through obscurity doesn’t work you know, if you’re worried about someone using this knowledge to overcome your software. If anyone will want to do that, he/she will do that either you tell me or not.

And no, Malware Research group is NOT the same as Malware Research Group.
Kishor and some robert from Comodo are also logged there as users, so you should know…

RejZoR is right we need explaining!!! >:-D >:-D >:-D

Comodo ppl are so funny. They like you when you praise them like an idiot, but if you want anything clarified, like why CIS5 fails to work under VM, they start with all sorts of lame excuses, answers in a form of yet another question, meaningless answers just to avoid direct answer. After 3 pages and a locked thread i have learned aboslutely nothing about why Comodo is the only program on Earth that requires some super duper instruction that no virtual machine can emulate. While ALL the other security programs work perfectly fine. It seems so hilarious it's almost killing me. I'm not exactly sure how they expect beta testers to properly test their program in any beta phase if they can't run it in VM. I know i wouldn't want to use such program...

RejZoR you would probably be taken more seriously by the Comodo staff if you did not have a long history of posting childish things like the above.

Quite why you think they should drop everything and attend to your every little personal desire I cannot imagine, I am sure they have more important things to attend to.

Only a dev can help you but they need to lose their precious time to check comodo in the outdated virtualPC2007, since is not vey useful and right now they have more important thing to do I think that they are not going to lose their time on it. Or maybe any Dev already know about this problem but have not read this thread.

Anyway you are asking in the wrong forums, you should try here: https://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/support/default.aspx

I don’t and never had ANY problem with any program, be it anciently old or brand new. Except with Comodo. So my question is perfectly in place.