"Sample" ,strange process in XP !!

??? When I shutdown my pc (XP with SP3) i have each time the same message… the system can not shutdown the SAMPLE process, press cancel or shutdown.
When i press cancel the pc remain on and the shutdown is not runned, when i press shutdown the process, the pc finally shutdown .
Is very strange !! Is a virus ???
Can you help me please…

Can you please post a screenshot of this message (if this is possible)?

Regardless can you please scan with the two programs listed here:
https://forums.comodo.com/virusmalware-removal-assistance/everything-you-need-to-know-about-removing-infections-and-securing-your-computer-t56725.0.html;msg398787#msg398787
and let us know the results.

For Comodo Cloud Scanner it might be worthwhile to post a screenshot of the results. Thanks.

Hi gianmm ,

If you can find the Sample file,you can submit through this link:Comodo Firewall | Get Best Personal Firewall Software for $29.99 A Year we can go to have a look at it.

Thanks and Regards,
Liufuxin

I Googled and found that sample.exe is related to the configuration of some wireless internet cards.

A quote from a forum:
“It turned out the reason for the end program was the IntelPRO Set wireless configuration I installed when finding the driver for my wireless adapter on the Toshiba drivers website. I uninstalled this using Start → Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs and since uninstalling it I have not had the problem on shut down since.”

Maybe this will help.