Running CIS with MacType causes C++ Errors

I’d like to report this bug incase it affects anyone else. GeekBuddy was unable to fix it. I was unable to fix, even after complete reinstalls.

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)

  • Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic subject, NOT here.

  • Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
    Every time. Happens when trying to perform almost any action in CIS, such as running a scan or opening settings. Only while MacType is enabled for cis.exe

  • If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
    a:Install “MacType” from Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.
    b:Run Mactype either from Registry or Service mode

  • If not obvious, what U expected to happen:
    Comodo to respond properly with no visual C++ errors

  • If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?:

  • Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
    MacType - Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

  • Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:
    This is caused by software called “MacType”. It’s similar to gdipp, but has more options and seems more compatible with software (except comodo Tongue ). It improves the rendering of fonts, so they look more smooth and less “spindly”, better than Windows does with ClearType.

As shown in the thread linked, this can be temporarily fixed by excluding cis.exe and cistray.exe from MacType.
This is done by opening the MacType software (the one with the Yellow icon, not the blue one)
Choose “Process Manager” in the bottom left
Right click the mentioned processes and choose “Exclude this Process”.
Finally, click Finish in the MacType window, then close.

I found the solution in this thread:
https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/commodo-fw-6-click-advance-task-report-r6030-crt-not-initalized-t90619.0.html

B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)

  • Exact CIS version & configuration:
    CIS Pro 2013 version 6.2.285401.2860
  • Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
    Default
  • Have you made any other changes to the default config?:
    No
  • Have U updated (without uninstall) from a CIS 5?:
    No
  • Tried Reinstall?:
    Yes, even using the Community Removal Tool 2x with reboots
  • OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64, UAC=Default (Don’t notify for Windows Settings), Admin, No VM
  • Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS:
    a=None b=none

I hope you don’t mind, but I modified your first post to be in the correct format. For future reference, all the devs want is for the code to be copied directly over. You don’t need to modify anything, just respond after the colons.

I also changed the title to something which I think more directly notes where the issue is coming from.

Before I forward this to the devs please let me know if you’ve tried the conflict FAQ. If not, please do and let me know if that helps. Also, please attach the diagnostic report and the KillSwitch Process List. Please run both while MacType is enabled, if possible.

Thank you.

PM reminder sent.

I tried, but have not been able to replicate this issue. I will now move this to the Non-Format Verified board.

Topics in this board are rarely looked at by the devs, and even if they are it is unlikely the devs can fix the bugs reported.

Before I forward this to the devs please let me know if you’ve tried the conflict FAQ. If not, please do and let me know if that helps. Also, please attach the diagnostic report and the KillSwitch Process List. Please run both while MacType is enabled, if possible. Once you have done this I can forward this to the devs.

Please contact me if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (version 6.3.294583.2937)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are mainly not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments), so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (7.0.313494.4115)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are mainly not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments), so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you.

PM sent.

I’m sorry, but as this has been in the Incomplete section for more than a single period I must now move this to Resolved. If you are still experiencing this issue, please create a properly formatted bug report, with all required information, so that this can be forwarded to the devs.

Thank you.