Rules removed, still have registyr entries...lots

I uninstalled what I view to be a pretty evil program, Apowersoft Screen Recorder. It was uninstalled using Revo Uninstaller Pro which had monitored the installation.

I looked at the registry and found LOTS of stuff remaining, including CIS entries. I removed Rules I could find in CIS (there were only a few), but still have registry entries…lots. See atch txt file.

Is it OK to just delete these keys and values from the registry?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Would appreciate input on this…

You should be able to but I would create a backup of the registry just to be on the safe side.

:o

Uninstalled with Revo having watched the install !?!?!?

When that sort happen, I always resort to the fairly benign mosquito swatter: I reformat and reinstall.

I always have a bit image I can fall back onto should the winds go against me.

THOU SHALT MAKE THY BACKUPS!

THOU SHALT TEST THY BACKUPS!

THOU SHALT RUE THE DAY THOU WAS SO FULL OF THYSELF TO IGNORE #1 & #2

Forget Windows RestorePoint - disable that horse ■■■■ - and find a decent 3rd party alternative that will allow either / both full HDD or specific partition restore.

Ensure that you have the necessary media of whatever sort in order to access the backups when disaster(s) strike and it is necessary to clone image to partition / drive.

ALWAYS export your CIS profiles - rotate output to three different files - and always export your registry by performing NTBACKUP - Only backup System-State date - which puts copies of your existing registry into %windir%\repair

Dunno if its just me, but I feel I’m pissing into a blizzard.

:frowning:

Notice how numb you feel? That’s what happen during disaster recover when NOTHING’s been done to prepare before hand. Only one way to warm up in that case: nuclear.

Dunno.

I pray that bright any sunny 8) are before you…