Rule Priorities in version 3

This may help someone.

I was trying to get DHCP setup in version 3 and thought I would set up a global rule allowing UDP in/out from any IP address to any IP address opening ports 67 and 68.

It did not work, because the global rules have priority over application rules only for incoming traffic (see the help file).

To get DHCP to work you need to set an application rule to allow UDP in/out and to/from any IP address opening ports 67 and 68, because application rules have priority over global rules for outgoing traffic.

I now have a Home Lan Policy as follows

Allow UDP In/Out from any IP address to any IP address on ports 67 and 68 (allows DHCP)
Allow UDP In/Out from any IP address to any IP address on port 53 (allows DNS access)
Allow TCP/UDP In/Out from any local network IP address to any local IP address on any port .
Allow TCP/UDP In/Oout from any ip address to on ports135,137-139 and 445 (allows Samba shares)

I really like Comodo, but why is it so illogical? Global rules should always have priority - that’s why they’re called Global. I would also like to see the name of the rule appear by the side of the action in the log file; it would make it so much easier to debug.