Right Click Scanning

Hi,

Downloaded Ant-virus yesterday a couple of questions:

1. When I right click on a file and aas Comodo to scan it for Virus’s it takes forever as a full memory scan is done before the one individual file is scanned.

2. If I want to set Comodo to auto scan incoming files in say msn messenger - what Comodo file do I point messenger at to run the scan?

Thanks,
Harvey

Hey Harvey,

Welcome to the forums.

In answer to your questions;
(1) Open Comodo AntiVirus (CAV), click on the SETTINGS button and click on the "On Demand Scan"button on the left. this will show two sub-options, General and Advanced. Click on General and right next to it is an option to turn on or off the memory scanning.

(2) CAV doesn’t have an explicit MSN checker, but if anything gets written to your hard drive, the on access scanning component of CAV will check it.

Please note that CAV is still a BETA product. It is bloody good, but IMHO, it’s not quite ready for prime time, yet. Soon will be, but not just yet.

If you have any queries, please post them here. Comodo have a VERY active user community and the guys here have got an exceptionally broad range of experience and are only too happy to help.

Again, welcome to the forums.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:
(WCF3) (WCF3) (WCF3)