Restore a full backup on different PC

Hi everybody. About two months ago I performed a full backup (I mean a backup of the entire disk of the computer) and then I sent my laptop to the warranty program for a repair. After various vicissitudes they offer me a new laptop, I accepted and since that my model is out of production, I received the new model, that have an hardware quite different.

I would like to know if I can use that backup (performed on the old PC) to restore my data on the new laptop.

If relevant the old laptop was an Asus ROG g75vx-t4007h: intel corei i7 3630QM - RAM 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670MX (3gb dedicated) - Hard disk 750 GB SATA 7200 rpm.
The new one is an Asus ROG g750jh: Intel Core i7 4700HQ - RAM 16 GB DDR3L 1600 MHz SDRAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB GDDR5 VRAM - Hard disk 750 GB SATA 7200 rpm.
If you need more hardware details just ask.

Thank you.

really useful this forum

Actually this speaks volumes as to how truly useful this sub-forum and product is. You trusted your data to a relatively untested software platform (speaking from use case, forum activity) and are discovering the results first hand. FOSS software at this point like Clonezilla for full system images or FreeFileSync for directory/files may have been the safer route.

Can you restore to a new platform? Maybe, but seeing as you had a mobo/CPU change the OS (if it boots and doesn’t give you a driver errors) will give you lip. You should though be able to recover your files and then perform a clean install.

I agree with your comments about the usefulness of the Forum, but it is partly our fault.
As we can all tell, there is no commitment from COMODO to help us on the Free products, so we need to help each other.

As a general plea to ALL who access the forum, go ahead and post your questions, tell us about your problems, but also
come back and tell us about your successes and discoveries.
Come to the Forum occasionally and try to help another user out.

I am not a volunteer, I am not an employee, I am just a frustrated user like most of you.
Everyone, please help.

Ernest