Restart after updating

Is it me, or does Comodo Firewall close itself down before asking for a restart of the system, after updating?
I can’t believe it is, but the icon in the taskbar closes down apparently leaving me connected to the internet, but without a firewall, how daft is that?
Appreciate any input.

You mean it closes the user interface? I don’t assume until further notice it closes down the important cmdagent.exe.

I’m not sure, that’s what is worrying me. By the user interface if you mean graphical interface, no that doesn’t close, after showing the completion of the download, it pops up a box asking to restart the computer, it then stays on screen until I click for it to do the restart. The worry is that the icon in the taskbar that shows internet activity, first freezes, and then closes down, now seeing that the icon appears in the taskbar when Comodo firewall starts it would infer that it closes when the firewall closes down. So if it is closing the firewall, and I leave the computer while the update is progressing presumably my computer is left connected to the internet without the firewall running until I return to it. As soon as I notice it closing I very quickly close the internet connection, so I don’t really want to spend time checking the task manager to see if cmdagent is running or not. Question is why does it close down the icon in the taskbar if the firewall is still running ?
I should state that I’m running XP Home SP3.

When the icon in the systray is gone it meanse that the client (GUI), cfp.exe is closed down.

So if it is closing the firewall, and I leave the computer while the update is progressing presumably my computer is left connected to the internet without the firewall running until I return to it. As soon as I notice it closing I very quickly close the internet connection, so I don’t really want to spend time checking the task manager to see if cmdagent is running or not. Question is why does it close down the icon in the taskbar if the firewall is still running ?
I should state that I’m running XP Home SP3.
Updating does not close down cmdagent.exe ; which does all the protection work. Closing the client during the update process does not stop CIS protecting you.

EricJH,

Many thanks, you’ve put my mind to rest, still not convinced its a good idea to close cfp.exe before I click ‘OK’ for system restart though, I can’t see why it is necessary, bit like your car switching off the motor when you stop at lights because it is anticipating that what you’re really doing is parking up. :slight_smile: Comodo asks for a restart, but just in case you don’t agree, its saying, hey, idiot! you might as well get on and do it because I’m already starting my close down, wanna argue ! :smiley: