Response time

I wonder what the average response time for a problem with for example CIS is ? A serious problem.

Because CIS is serious business and nobody can live for days, let alone for weeks with a faulty CIS product, free or shareware that is.

Are we talking about days, weeks, or months. Or is there just no average, c’se what I hate is drawing to much attention, allthough I suspect I’ve been doing this already with this post.

It varies. Around the time of a new release egemen, the head developer, is vigilant about bugs that affect a significant number of people or are otherwise serious. Usually one or two minor version updates follow within several weeks.

Other than that bug fixing will take an indeterminate amount of time or some bugs may never get fixed depending on prioritization by Comodo. That is not a process we have insight in as there is no public bug tracker.

Thanks Eric, and while we’re at it, and I have a problem with CIS that I personally consider severe enough, could I replace CIS with a separate AV and a separate Firewall, like I see you have developed at Comodo ?

Aside from the defense part of CIS of course, for which I have other software.

What I don’t get is this: both your Firewall Installer (5.4.58750.1355) and you AV Installer (5.4.58750.1355) seem not to only carry the same version number but have exactly the same size, only their hash value is different ? I hope it’s only the installer that’s the same and by pure accident both AV and firewall have the same size.

Yes, you can use a separate firewall and AV. Just remember that running more than one of each isn’t a good idea.

The installers are the same size because they contain the full suite. The installer scripts are just different to install just the firewall if that is your choice. Then if at a later date you want to add the AV, you don’t need to download it. You can just run the add/remove wizard and install the AV.

First of all. I am not a Comodo employee. I am an end user like yourself who happens to wear the moderator badge. Comodo people can be recognised by the Comodo Staff Avatar. But thank you for boosting my ego thinking I am Comodo staff… 8) :wink:

If you mean you want to use another AV and Comodo Firewall; yes you can.

Aside from the defense part of CIS of course, for which I have other software.
If you are using another HIPS please make sure to disable D+ and the sandbox.
What I don't get is this: both your Firewall Installer (5.4.58750.1355) and you AV Installer (5.4.58750.1355) seem not to only carry the same version number but have exactly the same size, only their hash value is different ? I hope it's only the installer that's the same and by pure accident both AV and firewall have the same size.
Basically the installer is the same for CAV, Firewall Only and the CIS suite (FW and AV). The only differences are some scripts in the installer that make the difference in what gets installed. When installing CAV or CIS you will download the av definitions database after installation.

Of course no double AV’s or firewalls, well maybe a small firewall like Peer Block

Peer Block is not a substitute for a firewall. It is something to use in addition.

I know, I wasn’t considering PeerBlock as a replacement to a firewall