I’m being notified of an update. When I went to the download page, the version it offers is v18.104.22.168 - which is what I have installed - and when I click ‘download’ in the update-bar, it downloads, and then the ‘download’ button disappears leaving only the ‘cancel’ button.
When I look in the %TEMP% folder, I see an IceDragonSetup.exe and IceDragon_version.inf. The inf contents reflect v22.214.171.124, but the hash for the Setup.exe file is identical to v126.96.36.199
UPDATE: I just downloaded the currently hosted installer from the download site - since I didn’t check the hash of the file I originally downloaded - and not only does it now have a different size, the hash is different from that of v188.8.131.52, but the balloon tip when mouse-over the installer reflects v184.108.40.206
So I’d hazard a guess that the installer that downloads from the update-bar, now, wold be a good version too.
Performed the in-place upgrade by running the installer; the download thingy always fails; the download thingy intends to makes use of thingies my PIII 1400-S CPU can’t do, i.e., SSIMD+
Nevertheless, and that notwithstanding, it completed the update successfully and restored the session in existance when I terminated the process and all 731 tabs that were ‘registered’ - tabs being only ‘loaded’ when launched per about:config parameer - in the restored session.
That being said, I will let you know about the first prollem I encounter with the new release and demand a solution forthwith.