[Resolved] Settings for CIS

Hi :slight_smile:

I have had CIS installed for a couple of days now and i have it set on safe mode, do i keep it on safe mode or do i need to change its settings ?

Thanks Cindy

Hi C B

For the Firewall

Custom Policy Mode: The firewall applies ONLY the custom security configurations and network traffic policies specified by the user. New users may want to think of this as the ā€˜Do Not Learnā€™ setting because the firewall will not attempt to learn the behavior of any applications. Nor will it automatically create network traffic rules for those applications. You will receive alerts every time there is a connection attempt by an application - even for applications on the Comodo Safe list (unless, of course, you have specified rules and policies that instruct the firewall to trust the applicationā€™s connection attempt).

If any application tries to make a connection to the outside, the firewall audits all the loaded components and checks each against the list of components already allowed or blocked. If a component is found to be blocked, the entire application is denied internet access and an alert is generated. This setting is advised for experienced firewall users that wish to maximize the visibility and control over traffic in and out of their computer.

Safe Mode: While filtering network traffic, the firewall will automatically create rules that allow all traffic for the components of applications certified as ā€˜Safeā€™ by Comodo. For non-certified new applications, you will receive an alert whenever that application attempts to access the network. Should you choose, you can grant that application internet access by choosing ā€˜Treat this application as a Trusted Applicationā€™ at the alert. This will deploy the predefined firewall policy ā€˜Trusted Applicationā€™ onto the application

Training Mode : The firewall will monitor network traffic and create automatic allow rules for all new applications until the security level is adjusted. You will not receive any alerts in ā€˜Training Modeā€™ mode. If you choose the ā€˜Training Modeā€™ setting, we advise that you are 100% sure that all applications installed on your computer are assigned the correct network access rights.

Tip: Use this setting temporarily while playing an online game for the first time. This will suppress all alerts while the firewall learns the components of the game that need internet access and automatically create ā€˜allowā€™ rules for them. Afterwards you can switch back to your previous mode.

For the best leak test security it is recommended that you use the ā€œProactive Securityā€ configuration.

John

Wow thanks John ;D what level would you recommend for the defence ?, and thanks for answering honey 8)

Cindy

Safe mode is OK. I use Clean PC mode as I know my PC is free from malware.

John

OK thanks for your help and all the info John, your (:KWL)

OK glad I could be of help. :slight_smile:

John

You have very much ;D

I will mark this as resolved. If you need to reopen it please PM an online Moderator.

John