[RESOLVED] Notification Service Bug

I have Notification Service Settings set to “Notify me only when malware/adware/grayware found”. CMS then ran my usual scheduled scan at 9.00pm but is still displaying “Scheduled virus scan complete. No malware found” in the notification area.

I then disabled this task and created another scheduled scan for 10.05pm and 10.15pm. Again, a notification appeared for both but oddly, CMS completed each scan before they should have run (i.e 10.04pm and 10.13pm :o ). I then got another notification at 10.42pm from the 10.15pm scan.

:slight_smile:

Phone: Orange San Francisco running 4.4.3 (11.20140608-ZeeLogKANG-blade)

EDIT: Privacy Guard (App ops) is enabled on CMS but most options allowed, otherwise set to ask (from default setup).

With respect to this feature, Automatic scans during installation and upgrades are no longer reporting unless a virus is found.
I am very happy for that. I know it is scanning the file, the momentary pause is still present.
With respect to a scheduled scan, you should always be notified the scan was completed, otherwise there is question it is even running.

I gotcha. Didn’t even think of that when reading the changelog. Yes, makes sense not to be alerted (if clean).

With respect to a scheduled scan, you should always be notified the scan was completed, otherwise there is question it is even running.

True. I read the changelog as Comodo’s way of resolving the intermittent notification problems with scheduled scans ;D

hi guys,

you can always change the notification level under settings :slight_smile:

Yes, but this only affects notifications when downloading\installing new apps. My original question was more a misunderstanding of what was fixed in 2.5.

I have since re-installed 2.5 and have not had any random notifications since. However, I have not set a scheduled scan yet. I have a feeling once I enable this feature again, this bug will re-occur.