[Resolved]Epson printer

Hi, i have just setup cis v5 and cant get my printer to work. epson status manager doesnt connect, scan doesnt work. how do i set it up plz.

Check whether you have accidentally blocked it (Defense+ → Computer Security Policy → Blocked Files) or it is running in the sandbox (you can see that on Summary page).

I have checked them and its not blocked, or in the sandbox
ty for the reply

Have you tried disabling Defense+ to see if it works then?

You can also use Training Mode while you are setting up printer.

Hey and warm welcome to comodo forums ycwkpp898 :slight_smile:

Try to see if deadman’s adivce help otherwise I have another solution.

have you tried to add it in exclusions from detect shellcode injections and this is how you do it CIS —> Defense+ —> Defense+ Settings —> Execution control Settings —> Detect shellcode injections (i.e. Buffer overflow protection) —> Exclusions —> Add —> Browse…

add esopn exe file in application rules and this is how you do it CIS —> Firewall —> Network Security Policy —> Application Rules Add —> Select —> Browse… Now you have search for the wanted file

Enjoy your stay here at comodo forums :slight_smile:

Regards,
Valentin N

I have disabled defence+, firewall. and sandbox. and still i cant print, scan, or view how much ink is in the printer. i uninstall cis and the printer is there no problems at all.

Have you tried my solution?

yes i have tried your solution. and still the same

do you have it in d+ rules? (Sorry for the stupid question)

I have all of the epson exe files in d+ rules.
ty for your time

may I ask how your espon printer is connected? is it a network printer or is do you connect it through cable

I thank you for taking your time to answer our questions

Regards,
Valentin N

Its connected wirelessly its a sx425w epson printer

This post is modified because it’s solved and here is the proof:

here is the solution if someone has this kind of problem:

Take care and have a nice day! :slight_smile:

Regards,
Valentin

I’ll go ahead and close this thread
thanks valentin N !

%lock%