[Resolved]confusion about Comodo5.3 & counter strike1.6

Operating System: window7 32-bit systems (NVIDIA GT240M Intel Dual Core T6600 2G memory)
Software problems: Comodo internet security5.3 counter strike 1.6
Event Description: black screen D +
: As cs1.6 developed under the single-core engine, the game, when use win7, it need to modify the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ------ SYSTEM ------ ControlSet001 ------- Control ------ GraphicsDrivers ------- Configuration ------ XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ----- 00 ------ 00 ------ Scaling Scaling value will be changed to 3 (the original value of 4) in order to full-screen
Comodo upgraded from 5.0 to 5.3, I found my CS1.6 can not play again. Event as follows: When Comodo upgraded,the same rules ,the different version,“black screen” happened when enter cs… To 5.3 even provided more permissions than 5.0 that can not solve the problem. (Note: there no “block” exist about cs in D+)

Now: 1, all permissions allow for CS1.6, the problem does not appear. (Question: which permission will be the point to a black screen?) (Note: in a virtual machine under windowsXP no such problems, basically I need to provide: event hooks , protected COM port, DNS privilege
2, BTW,play cs in window mode will be OK.& it isn’t about shellcode. Once after black screen, I got some message:The selected OpenGL Mode is not supporLted by video card.Are OpenGL & Comodo not compatible ?

Hello;

Please See this;

Have you added CS in exclusions "CIS > Defense+ > Defense+ Settings > Image Execution Tab > Exclusions’

1, You could probably most likely look at your windows event logs/ Also; Defense+ Logs (CIS >Defense+ > Defense+ Events)

1. OpenGL & Comodo are compatible :slight_smile:

Hope this helps

Jake

Thank you ~
I can’t find Image Execution Tab > Exclusions’ (version5.3.176757.1236, Defense+ Settings >general,Execution,sanbox,monitoring,can’t find it in Execution . unfortunately,there’s no Defense+ Events created.

Edit; Migrated windows events in attachment

[attachment deleted by admin]

Please See Attachment

Hope this helps

Jake

[attachment deleted by admin]

thanks again :slight_smile:
I have talked about that “it isn’t about shellcode”. I tried before but it didn’t work. What make me confused is that why should every permission allow so CS can run well ? It seems no one can be missed

Ah; Sorry that i have mis-read you post (it happens from time to time)

From my understanding of this " Comodo Help "
I believe a intensive game would need all of these;

Hope this helps

Jake

You’re great! Thank you ^^ thank you ^^ thank you
Although I don’t know why it happend yet,but I just find out that the problems only exist in COMODO Internet Security 5.3.174622.1216,when upgrade to Comodo Internet Security 5.3.176757.1236 ,It has fixed. Jake,thanks again for helping me a lot.

Your Welcome :slight_smile:
Is there any other questions/issues?

Jake

No. According to the windows event, I guess the key is that"interprocess memory accesses" should be allowed,because Half-Life Launcher(cs1.6) try to disable the Desktop Window Manager.This is a problem between counter strike & windwos7,and comodo tell us . ;D

Alrighty; Thank you for reporting back :slight_smile:

I’ll go ahead and lock the thread,
%lock%

Jake