[Resolved]Byteshield and game activation

Works fine when I uninstall Comodo, but otherwise when I go to play Football Manager, the computer thinks for a few seconds, then nothing happens.

It uses Byteshield to check the product is activated, yet I’m not receiving any prompts from Comodo to allow or block anything.

Can anyone help?

Check whether it is automatically sandboxed, or there are entries in the Firewall/Defense+ logs that are pointing to the Byteshield and/or Football Manager.

When deadman’s advice is not working try the workarounds in App. is not working correctly, but does not seem to be s/boxed. What to do? [v5]. Do they bring a solution here?

When trying to run the game, under Active Connections I get instances of svchost.exe and WerFault.exe while under the Active Process list I get fm.exe which then disappears after a few seconds.

OK, but check if you have anything related to the problem in the Firewall → View Firewall Events and in the Defense+ → View Defense+ Events.

No, nothing.

I must admit, I’ve never encountered a security suite as difficult or problematic as CIS, but there’s something about it that makes me want to carry on using it! How come when I turn everything off, it doesn’t seem to change anything?

Add FM in exclusions of detect shellcodes injections and this is how you do it: CIS —> Defense+ —> Defense+ Settings —> Execution control Settings —> Detect shellcode injections (i.e. Buffer overflow protection) —> Exclusions —> Add —> Browse…

Take care and I wish you happy gaming.

Regards,
Valentin N

Thank you Valentin,

That worked. I added fm.exe in the main directory to the list and also the one under the DRM folder.

Sorted. Cheers!

I’ll go ahead and close this thread!

Thanks Valentin (Again!)

%lock%

Jake